Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
BBS Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists
 
 Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RV8-List Digest: 0 Msgs - 06/25/18

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV8-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
avdilger(at)yahoo.com
Guest





PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:31 am    Post subject: RV8-List Digest: 0 Msgs - 06/25/18 Reply with quote

Been wondering about a few RV issues.
1=Does anyone know of an accurate fuel measuring device for RV’s? (RV8A) I have Garmin G3X Touch with the Stewart Warner floats.
Because the “throw” (depth of tank) is relatively short the gauges read 16 gal when full (21g) and stay there until there is about 13g left, aside from that they are pretty accurate.
Im thinking that a dipstick type of gauge attached to the bottom of the fuel cap could be worked out……..Any thoughts???
2= I would like to see an improvement to the canopy rollers, it seems to me that a hard rubber wheel would work better.
3= I remember when building I had seen a mod to allow the pilot seat back to move more rearward (My seat back sits up too straight) wonder if there is a more simple way to accommodate that then changing and modifying
the center support bar.
Thanks, always looking for improvements

Quote:
On Jun 25, 2018, at 23:44, RV8-List Digest Server <rv8-list(at)matronics.com> wrote:

*

==================================================
Online Versions of Today's List Digest Archive
==================================================

Today's complete RV8-List Digest can also be found in either of the
two Web Links listed below. The .html file includes the Digest formatted
in HTML for viewing with a web browser and features Hyperlinked Indexes
and Message Navigation. The .txt file includes the plain ASCII version
of the RV8-List Digest and can be viewed with a generic text editor
such as Notepad or with a web browser.

HTML Version:

http://www.matronics.com/digest/digestview.php?Style=82701&View=html&Chapter 18-06-25&Archive=RV8

Text Version:

http://www.matronics.com/digest/digestview.php?Style=82701&View=txt&Chapter 18-06-25&Archive=RV8


================================================
EMail Version of Today's List Digest Archive
================================================


----------------------------------------------------------
RV8-List Digest Archive
---
Total Messages Posted Mon 06/25/18: 0
----------------------------------------------------------


Today's Message Index:
----------------------












- The Matronics RV8-List Email Forum -
 

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV8-List
Back to top
bifft(at)xmission.com
Guest





PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:57 am    Post subject: RV8-List Digest: 0 Msgs - 06/25/18 Reply with quote

On Tue, 26 Jun 2018, Al Dilger wrote:

Quote:


Been wondering about a few RV issues.
1=Does anyone know of an accurate fuel measuring device for RV’s? (RV8A) I have Garmin G3X Touch with the Stewart Warner floats.
Because the “throw” (depth of tank) is relatively short the gauges read 16 gal when full (21g) and stay there until there is about 13g left, aside from that they are pretty accurate.
Im thinking that a dipstick type of gauge attached to the bottom of the fuel cap could be worked out……..Any thoughts???

A dipstick would have the same problem in the opposite direction, reading
nothing for the last few gallons. Also you couldn't use it in flight.
Would be easy enough to calibrate one starting from an empty tank.

Quote:
2= I would like to see an improvement to the canopy rollers, it seems
to me that a hard rubber wheel would work better.

Would be an easy change to make, but don't see why rubber wheels would be
an improvement.

Quote:
3= I remember when building I had seen a mod to allow the pilot seat
back to move more rearward (My seat back sits up too straight) wonder if
there is a more simple way to accommodate that then changing and
modifying
the center support bar.

That would be the "tall pilot option" that Van's sells, they say it is
for 6'6" and up, I'm only 6'4" and have it. Have to duck to close the
canopy if wearing headset. It is just a different center bar with the
main support further back. The extruded angle that forms the sides of the
seatback are also left longer.

If you have short legs, you could move the seatback hinge forward to
get a steeper angle and use the standard center bar. This would mean less
leg room, need a different size/shape seat cushion. You wouldn't have as
bit a flat space before the slope up at the front of the seat.

Brian Huffaker, DSWL (bifft(at)xmission.com)
RV-8A N609HZ in test period


- The Matronics RV8-List Email Forum -
 

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV8-List
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV8-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group