Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists
 
 Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Do away with your fuel related anxiety with our FS-450 Fuel

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Engines-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ceengland7(at)gmail.com
Guest





PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:56 am    Post subject: Do away with your fuel related anxiety with our FS-450 Fuel Reply with quote

On 11/27/2014 1:31 AM, Pable Mackenzie wrote:
Quote:


Hi,Dear Friend,

I like to share my knowlege with you and want to gain more if you are have same interest related Aircraft's Spare Parts.

Better the mileage, longer the distance you can fly and consequently, greater the pleasure. Ever since the Wright brothers first flew their plane, figuring out maximum range for your aircraft has always been guesswork. Between then and now science and technology has made such strides that one would have thought that designing an instrument that helps calculate your fuel consumption and consequently the range, would have been a breeze.

It is not just calculating the range before the actual flight that is the problem; during flight too there can be lots of unexpected factors that result in higher fuel consumption. So what is your new range? Looking at the fuel gauges with their bouncing needles that bob in synch with the floats in the two wing tanks is not exactly helpful.

Well, guess what, the long wait for an instrument that provides you with precise fuel consumption data is over. J.P. Instruments of Huntington Beach, California, USA, has designed just such an instrument. It is called the FS-450 Fuel Totalizer.

Pilots who have installed the instrument swear that the Fuel Scan 450 fuel totalizer relegates fuel-situation anxieties to aircraft history. It constantly displays your aircraft’s current fuel-consumption on the top of two bright LED displays and that’s not all it does.

The FS-450 fuel totalizer also displays total fuel consumption since engine start, how much is left in the tanks and how long it would last at current setting. As if that were not enough, it also displays the quantum of fuel needed to reach your next waypoint and how much fuel would remain at the point and also, the fuel efficiency of your aircraft (GPS connection required).

If you knew more about this or want know about other related parts, please feel free to write me.

Best Regards
Pable Mackenzie

--------
I am here for to know all about latest news about Auttomobile technology,spare parts and to discuss and share with friend those are concious about automobile related news.
Boy, Pable, you must have cast iron gonads to come to this list and try

promoting the very product whose name JPI stole (through an unlimited
lawyer budget) from the owner of this list service.

I'd suggest shilling elsewhere. I don't think you'll get a warm
reception here.

Worst,

Charlie


- The Matronics Engines-List Email Forum -
 

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Engines-List
Back to top
BARRY CHECK 6



Joined: 15 Mar 2011
Posts: 738

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:41 am    Post subject: Do away with your fuel related anxiety with our FS-450 Fuel Reply with quote

Gee... Pable... I did not know we were allowed to advertise via this site!
Well, let me tell you about how poor the JPI system is:
1 - The mounting case is poorly designed as you are required to keep the mounting screws to ONLY a specific length. This becomes a problem when the panel thickness varies due to where you need to mount the unit... Example: Too big a screw mounting holes when a VOR location is used AND that requires a 'mask' for adaption. Failure to maintain the proper length screw WILL damage the unit AND my JPI's own statement will void warranty.
2 - The CHT probe - By JPI is called a BAYONET MOUNT ... You order a bayonet mount AND you do NOT get a Bayonet Mount. Well ONLY by JPI is it called a Bayonet Mount! Not by industry standards!
3 - The CHT probe - The threading of the probe is too short by ONLY 1 1/2 to 2 threads. But this makes it difficult to get one particular probe installed ... The #1 Cylinder Probe.
4 - The CHT probe - Also because the probe is NOT a Bayonet Mount - You are fighting the spring action of the probe as you try to screw it in. IF it were a Bayonet Mount, it would be a simple function to install the base and THEN with a 1/4 twist install the probe.
5 - The JPI control display - Well, it worked for 2 or 3 hours and then it would Lock Up... NBD - No Big Deal - As long as JPI would honor the warranty... Well they would BUT! Even after we had phone conversations with them they:
a) Would NOT pay or credit for A&P time for the additional work.
b) Would NOT pay or credit for the SHIPPING.
c) Required additional testing - Swap probes to see if it happens when swapped! WHAT! The unit worked for 2 to 3 hours before it failed! WHAT would swapping prove? Except that they don't even understand their own unit.
6 - Want to swap probes? GOOD LUCK! They are attached by ring lugs and screws. JPI claims this is because they make a better connection than 'Fast On' connectors. Well, that is debatable. I have never had a problem with properly installed Fast On connectors. Why do I say PROPERLY INSTALLED? Because you are suppose to use a proper tool to crimp ALL, ring lug, fast on, knife and butt connectors. MANY a person and A&P do not have this tool. Only because it cost too much and has the requirement to be calibrated.
Would I ever recommend a JPI to anyone or customer? NO WAY!
How can I stand behind their product, when they don't!
Barry
On Thu, Nov 27, 2014 at 2:31 AM, Pable Mackenzie <PableMackenzie(at)gmail.com (PableMackenzie(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
[quote]--> Engines-List message posted by: "Pable Mackenzie" <PableMackenzie(at)gmail.com (PableMackenzie(at)gmail.com)>

Hi,Dear Friend,

I like to share my knowlege with you and want to gain more if you are have same interest related Aircraft's Spare Parts.

Better the mileage, longer the distance you can fly and consequently, greater the pleasure. Ever since the Wright brothers first flew their plane, figuring out maximum range for your aircraft has always been guesswork. Between then and now science and technology has made such strides that one would have thought that designing an instrument that helps calculate your fuel consumption and consequently the range, would have been a breeze.

It is not just calculating the range before the actual flight that is the problem; during flight too there can be lots of unexpected factors that result in higher fuel consumption. So what is your new range? Looking at the fuel gauges with their bouncing needles that bob in synch with the floats in the two wing tanks is not exactly helpful.

Well, guess what, the long wait for an instrument that provides you with precise fuel consumption data is over. J.P. Instruments of Huntington Beach, California, USA, has designed just such an instrument. It is called the FS-450 Fuel Totalizer.

Pilots who have installed the instrument swear that the Fuel Scan 450 fuel totalizer relegates fuel-situation anxieties to aircraft history. It constantly displays your aircraft&rsquo;s current fuel-consumption on the top of two bright LED displays and that&rsquo;s not all it does.

The FS-450 fuel totalizer also displays total fuel consumption since engine start, how much is left in the tanks and how long it would last at current setting. As if that were not enough, it also displays the quantum of fuel needed to reach your next waypoint and how much fuel would remain at the point and also, the fuel efficiency of your aircraft (GPS connection required).

If you knew more about this or want know about other related parts, please feel free to write me.

Best Regards
Pable Mackenzie

--------
I am here for to know all about latest news about Auttomobile technology,spare parts and to discuss and share with friend those are concious about automobile related news.




Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=434808#434808




Attachments:

http://forums.matronics.com//files/fuel_scan_450_twin4_133.jpg
http://forums.matronics.com//files/fuel_scan_450_twin3_407.jpg
http://forums.matronics.com//files/fuel_scan_450_twin2_158.jpg
http://forums.matronics.com//files/fuel_scan_450_twin1_219.jpg




===========
br> fts!)
r> > com" target="_blank">www.aeroelectric.com
w.buildersbooks.com" target="_blank">www.buildersbooks.com
p.com" target="_blank">www.homebuilthelp.com
e.com" target="_blank">www.mypilotstore.com
" target="_blank">www.mrrace.com
target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/contribution
-Matt Dralle, List Admin.
===========
> nes-List" target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Engines-List
===========
FORUMS -
_blank">http://forums.matronics.com
===========



[b]


- The Matronics Engines-List Email Forum -
 

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Engines-List
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
teamgrumman(at)yahoo.com
Guest





PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:01 pm    Post subject: Do away with your fuel related anxiety with our FS-450 Fuel Reply with quote

I really hate it when misinformation gets posted as fact.
I've installed a minimum of 40 JPI EDM 700/730/800/830/900/930 units over the last 30 years. They are by far the best engineered engine analyzes out there.
First off, the CHT screws in about 10 threads if done right.
Second, use a long, common screw driver with a 3/8 inch blade to hold the
CHT probe in place and turn it. The probe for #2 (Lycoming) is the most difficult.
Still not impossible.
Third, a Google search of bayonet probes does not indicate 1/4 turn probes as the definition of bayonet probes.
That said, early EDM 700/800 units did have an issue with screens and buttons. But, not after a few hours. Typically, they don't like a lot of heat. I lived on the desert in SoCal and the 100 to 120 OAT was hell on the units. Figure a couple of years before failure. The screens and mounting on the 730/830/900/930 is totally different and rarely fail. The screws can be longer too.
Attaching the probe to the lead is tedious, but it never comes loose.

Gary
Sent from my iPad

On Nov 27, 2014, at 9:40 AM, FLYaDIVE <flyadive(at)gmail.com (flyadive(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
[quote]Gee... Pable... I did not know we were allowed to advertise via this site!
Well, let me tell you about how poor the JPI system is:
1 - The mounting case is poorly designed as you are required to keep the mounting screws to ONLY a specific length. This becomes a problem when the panel thickness varies due to where you need to mount the unit... Example: Too big a screw mounting holes when a VOR location is used AND that requires a 'mask' for adaption. Failure to maintain the proper length screw WILL damage the unit AND my JPI's own statement will void warranty.
2 - The CHT probe - By JPI is called a BAYONET MOUNT ... You order a bayonet mount AND you do NOT get a Bayonet Mount. Well ONLY by JPI is it called a Bayonet Mount! Not by industry standards!
3 - The CHT probe - The threading of the probe is too short by ONLY 1 1/2 to 2 threads. But this makes it difficult to get one particular probe installed ... The #1 Cylinder Probe.
4 - The CHT probe - Also because the probe is NOT a Bayonet Mount - You are fighting the spring action of the probe as you try to screw it in. IF it were a Bayonet Mount, it would be a simple function to install the base and THEN with a 1/4 twist install the probe.
5 - The JPI control display - Well, it worked for 2 or 3 hours and then it would Lock Up... NBD - No Big Deal - As long as JPI would honor the warranty... Well they would BUT! Even after we had phone conversations with them they:
a) Would NOT pay or credit for A&P time for the additional work.
b) Would NOT pay or credit for the SHIPPING.
c) Required additional testing - Swap probes to see if it happens when swapped! WHAT! The unit worked for 2 to 3 hours before it failed! WHAT would swapping prove? Except that they don't even understand their own unit.
6 - Want to swap probes? GOOD LUCK! They are attached by ring lugs and screws. JPI claims this is because they make a better connection than 'Fast On' connectors. Well, that is debatable. I have never had a problem with properly installed Fast On connectors. Why do I say PROPERLY INSTALLED? Because you are suppose to use a proper tool to crimp ALL, ring lug, fast on, knife and butt connectors. MANY a person and A&P do not have this tool. Only because it cost too much and has the requirement to be calibrated.
Would I ever recommend a JPI to anyone or customer? NO WAY!
How can I stand behind their product, when they don't!
Barry
On Thu, Nov 27, 2014 at 2:31 AM, Pable Mackenzie <PableMackenzie(at)gmail.com (PableMackenzie(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
Quote:
--> Engines-List message posted by: "Pable Mackenzie" <PableMackenzie(at)gmail.com (PableMackenzie(at)gmail.com)>

Hi,Dear Friend,

I like to share my knowlege with you and want to gain more if you are have same interest related Aircraft's Spare Parts.

Better the mileage, longer the distance you can fly and consequently, greater the pleasure. Ever since the Wright brothers first flew their plane, figuring out maximum range for your aircraft has always been guesswork. Between then and now science and technology has made such strides that one would have thought that designing an instrument that helps calculate your fuel consumption and consequently the range, would have been a breeze.

It is not just calculating the range before the actual flight that is the problem; during flight too there can be lots of unexpected factors that result in higher fuel consumption. So what is your new range? Looking at the fuel gauges with their bouncing needles that bob in synch with the floats in the two wing tanks is not exactly helpful.

Well, guess what, the long wait for an instrument that provides you with precise fuel consumption data is over. J.P. Instruments of Huntington Beach, California, USA, has designed just such an instrument. It is called the FS-450 Fuel Totalizer.

Pilots who have installed the instrument swear that the Fuel Scan 450 fuel totalizer relegates fuel-situation anxieties to aircraft history. It constantly displays your aircraft’s current fuel-consumption on the top of two bright LED displays and that’s not all it does.

The FS-450 fuel totalizer also displays total fuel consumption since engine start, how much is left in the tanks and how long it would last at current setting. As if that were not enough, it also displays the quantum of fuel needed to reach your next waypoint and how much fuel would remain at the point and also, the fuel efficiency of your aircraft (GPS connection required).

If you knew more about this or want know about other related parts, please feel free to write me.

Best Regards
Pable Mackenzie

--------
I am here for to know all about latest news about Auttomobile technology,spare parts and to discuss and share with friend those are concious about automobile related news.




Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=434808#434808




Attachments:

http://forums.matronics.com//files/fuel_scan_450_twin4_133.jpg
http://forums.matronics.com//files/fuel_scan_450_twin3_407.jpg
http://forums.matronics.com//files/fuel_scan_450_twin2_158.jpg
http://forums.matronics.com//files/fuel_scan_450_twin1_219.jpg




===========
br> fts!)
r> > com" target="_blank">www.aeroelectric.com
w.buildersbooks.com" target="_blank">www.buildersbooks.com
p.com" target="_blank">www.homebuilthelp.com
e.com" target="_blank">www.mypilotstore.com
" target="_blank">www.mrrace.com
target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/contribution
-Matt Dralle, List Admin.
===========
> nes-List" target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Engines-List
===========
FORUMS -
_blank">http://forums.matronics.com
===========





D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
ot;">www.aeroelectric.com
books.com"">www.buildersbooks.com
quot;">www.homebuilthelp.com
quot;">www.mypilotstore.com
">www.mrrace.com
ot;">http://www.matronics.com/contribution
D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
es-List"">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Engines-List
D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
//forums.matronics.com
D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D


[b]


- The Matronics Engines-List Email Forum -
 

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Engines-List
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Engines-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group