Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CG

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith601-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BobbyPaulk(at)comcast.net

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: CG Reply with quote

p { margin: 0; }p { margin: 0; }p { margin: 0; }p { margin: 0; }p { margin: 0; }p { margin: 0; }Just got back from the airport measuring and weighing ( 2 ) Zodiac 601's. I am aware that the datum can be anywhere you want it. I used to put them at the tip of the spinner so all the figures would be positive. You would still have to subtract or add from their datum line to get one different from theirs as well as the distance to the forward limit would also change.
If you use the leading edge of the wing near the fuselage you must subtract roughly 35mm from the 270mm forward limit so the new forward limit should be 235mm aft of your datum. The forward sweep makes that much difference ( about 1 3/8" ).
This could easily put you out of the rear limit with light fuel and a heavy passenger. Your fuel burn makes the CG go aft. Most Jabiru engined 601's will have to takeoff with reduced fuel to stay under gross weight with a passenger. Some of them will have to land with at least 6 to 12 gallons on board depending on the weight of pilot and passenger to keep from going aft of the rear limit depending on where their CG is located.

By the way we have ( 5 ) 601's in this area and the 3 we compared all have the left wheel 5/16" to 3/8" further forward than the right. I would be willing to bet that if you pop a chalk line on the floor from the fourth nose rib out on the wings and measure to the main wheel axles that there would be a little bit of difference - not that it matters : )

Never did get the answer to my question which was where can I find Zenith's latest info on location of the datum line.
Never mind I found it. http://www.zenithair.com/zodiac/xl/data/xl-w&b-2-page.pdf

Thanks to all who answered.

Bobby

[quote][b]

- The Matronics Zenith601-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith601-List
bobemery51(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:03 am    Post subject: CG Reply with quote

Speaking of c of g with the 601/Jabiru 3300
Mine moves aft as mentioned with passenger and reducing fuel.
I definately feel horizontal sensitivity increase if I have a heavy passenger as fuel burns off.
Does the 650 have a mount that moves the engine further forward?
I heard that the later mount for Rotax moved it further forward, I am wondering if the Jab fw mount did the same?
Would seem to be a good idea, can anyone confirm this?
(Now 140 hrs going great- Perth, West Australia).
Bob

Sent from my iPad

- The Matronics Zenith601-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith601-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith601-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: