Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

E-Mags

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV9-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
182ppl(at)comcast.net

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:05 pm    Post subject: E-Mags Reply with quote

I recently received some distressing news about the E-Mag electronic ignition from a fellow builder. I was very much thinking of installing two P-Mags on my 0-320 that will be installed on my 9A. It has been stated that it is near impossible to use the 39 degree max advance mode without extreme overheating problems. The E-Mag site is full of wonderful verbiage on the product but only three shortly written customer endorsements. I would like to here from anyone who might have test flown this system and has been either happy or unhappy with it. Not to be rude but please no factory reps or someone with an axe to grind and no one who wishes to fly them but just hasn't got there yet. I would like to here the objective truth. Thank you.

- The Matronics RV9-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV9-List
SDellAngelo(at)usg.com

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:26 am    Post subject: E-Mags Reply with quote

I have an e-mag and p-mag in mine. I have fought some high CHT's but after drilling out my carb jet to #38 to help solve my lean issue my CHT's are staying under 400 degrees on all cylinders at cruise. So, I am happy with mine. They have been back for re-mapping once, but starting recently they are shipping with a firmware capable of using software to load in changes. I was told I will have to send mine in one more time to get that firmware in mine so that I will then be able to make the changes. Your mileage my vary but that is where I am at.

Scott
#90598 - N598SD Flying - 13.5 hrs
Plainfield, IL

Scott
--------------------------
Sent from my BlackBerry Wireless Handheld

- The Matronics RV9-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV9-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV9-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: