Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3rd. Annual Page, AZ. Fly-in Adventure

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Allegro-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roger Lee

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:05 am    Post subject: 3rd. Annual Page, AZ. Fly-in Adventure Reply with quote

This mainly a Flight Design CT group , but would like to invite a few others.
Ok Guys here's the scoop.

The date of Oct 8-11 could not happen because all the hotels were booked. Oct. is a busy month for tourist coming in bus loads to Page. Weekends are usually booked.

We had to change the date to the next most voted date of Oct. 15-18, more or less the same dates as last year.

So the Page, AZ. Fly-In date is October 15-18

We will fly the Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Monument Valley and this year I'm adding Bryce/Zion Canyon.
I managed to block off 30 rooms. We got a great rate of $49 same as last year. Several people waited until it was too late and all the rooms were booked and had to go over to the other hotel at a higher rate of $20-$30 more per night.

Do not wait this year. Book it now and you can cancel up to 24 hours before Oct. 15th. Get it booked and reserved, then if you have to cancel you can, but if you wait again then you may not be staying with the rest of us and at your own peril for rates.

We have a special rate at the same place we stayed last year.
Tell them you are with the "CT Group" or Roger Lee to cross reference and the rate is $49 a night. We will arrive Thursday morning, Oct. 15th. and head home Oct. 18th. Sunday or Monday morning. Breakfast is free in the mornings.
I talked to the people at the Ranch House Grill and they will cater our evening meals again. We will have evening meals together Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

Make sure to ask for Elisa Brown
Best Western Arizona Inn
716 Rim View Dr.
Page, Az.
800-826-2718
928-645-2466
We will fly into the Page airport - KPGA.
We are staying with the Classic FBO and with our group we should get a .30 cent discount on fuel.
Classic is not the first FBO next to the runway, but the second one behind them.

The Antelope Canyon tour is open if anyone wants. This is a land tour.

I'm up for a lake tour and we can split it. We can rent 19' power boats ourselves and take them out and explore the lake and fingers. The cost of the boat is $325 a day (8am-5pm). They hold eight people and this is only $40 a person.
I am working with someone to see if he will take us out on the lake Friday and Saturday for a lake tour on his houseboat. I'll let you know later.
Any of the rented boat items they would like a 24 hour notice.

These are only some ideas that I checked on. We don't have to do them and if only some want to do them that is ok.

You guys are welcome to invite other planes that are not CT's and everyone is welcome. Find some more LSA's.

I will develop GPS coordinates for all our routes and post them so you can enter them in your own GPS. I have a plan to better deal with all our planes for our flights so they are not crowded in the mornings or evenings.
Don't miss this, we always have fun.

- The Matronics Allegro-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Allegro-List

Light Sport Repairman
Home 520-574-1080 TRY HOME FIRST
Cell 520-349-7056
Roger Lee

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:03 am    Post subject: Re: 3rd. Annual Page, AZ. Fly-in Adventure Reply with quote

I hope a few of you are making reservations. You don't know what you are missing. This is one of the most fun flying adventure any where and it's set up just for LSA. Great bunch of people.

- The Matronics Allegro-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Allegro-List

Light Sport Repairman
Home 520-574-1080 TRY HOME FIRST
Cell 520-349-7056
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Allegro-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: