Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

things

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> L29-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
czech6(at)kellin.net

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:35 pm    Post subject: things Reply with quote

Guys,

I appreciate your hospitality. It was a great weekend.

As soon as I got out of the airplane, Scotts flying got better??? Its always my fault.

Everybody progressed normally. I hope we all learned something new. I always do.

Is there a time thats good for everyone to go to Redding? We need to do this within the next 2 weeks.

I'm not here to tell you how to fly your airplane, but if I may make a suggestion;

rotate at 75 kts to 6 degrees. Hold that until the airplane flys off the runway. Positive rate of climb, gear up. Don't forget, thats a positive rate of climb on the altimeter and looking at the ground. Gear up - 10 degrees pitch. Hold 10 degrees until 110-120 kts, then flaps up, 12 degrees pitch. When the flaps come up, the nose will pitch up by itself. Just stop it at 12. Hold that at 100% power until at least 1000' above the field, A safe maneuvering altitude, then lower the nose to 6 degrees again and accelerate to above 150 kts, THEN power back to 97%.

This will get max altitude asap allowing you to clear the area. And it will prevent you from "dipping" after takeoff.

Lert me know when and where, I'll be there.

Dawg

P.S. Gregs new call sign is "Boards" I like it, "Boards Colyer."

- The Matronics L29-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?L29-List
Ernie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:40 pm    Post subject: things Reply with quote

Bill,

Are you telling me that you didnt make these guys commit the sequence
to memory like to made me.

Takeoff: Max power, 75 nose up, positive rate gear, up 108, flaps up.
Go around: Max power, flaps 15, positive rate gear up..........

Ernie

On 3/28/06, Bill <czech6(at)kellin.net> wrote:
Quote:

Guys,

I appreciate your hospitality. It was a great weekend.

As soon as I got out of the airplane, Scotts flying got better??? Its always my fault.

Everybody progressed normally. I hope we all learned something new. I always do.

Is there a time thats good for everyone to go to Redding? We need to do this within the next 2 weeks.

I'm not here to tell you how to fly your airplane, but if I may make a suggestion;

rotate at 75 kts to 6 degrees. Hold that until the airplane flys off the runway. Positive rate of climb, gear up. Don't forget, thats a positive rate of climb on the altimeter and looking at the ground. Gear up - 10 degrees pitch. Hold 10 degrees until 110-120 kts, then flaps up, 12 degrees pitch. When the flaps come up, the nose will pitch up by itself. Just stop it at 12. Hold that at 100% power until at least 1000' above the field, A safe maneuvering altitude, then lower the nose to 6 degrees again and accelerate to above 150 kts, THEN power back to 97%.

This will get max altitude asap allowing you to clear the area. And it will prevent you from "dipping" after takeoff.

Lert me know when and where, I'll be there.

Dawg

P.S. Gregs new call sign is "Boards" I like it, "Boards Colyer."

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

SD737(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject: things Reply with quote

Bill,
Thanks for your time this weekend! I've got to mention that it says alot
about a guy that will fly out and give his entire weekend to a group L-29 guys.

The weather wasn't so great Friday, but was better Saturday and Sunday was
fantastic.
I enjoyed flying with you and can't thank you enough for your's and Doug
Gilliss' time!!!

It looks like I'm pretty much flying every weekend in April except I do have
Sunday the 16th off and could come up to Redding and offer my L-29 if you
guys needed another ship.

Also, thanks for riding with me on the loops.

colyergreg(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject: things Reply with quote

bill,

I think we are all in the the 16th of april!!!!!!

--

colyergreg(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject: things Reply with quote

I stopped using them after I flew with you. you told me not to use them and so did doug. worked much better...Thanks again for your time and great instruction!!!!

--

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> L29-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: