Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

601XL Aileron Skin Rivet Pattern Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith601-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dvanlanen

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:48 pm    Post subject: 601XL Aileron Skin Rivet Pattern Question Reply with quote

The diagram at the left-center of plans page 6-W-2 specifies the rivet pattern for the front of the aileron skin to the front flanges of the ribs: 3 rivets A4, pitch 25mm from the top, then 22mm to each of the next 2 rivets. However, this does not look like the correct rivet pattern for the aileron tip (6W2-4) because it has a longer front flange. I do not see any notes in the plans specific to the rivet pattern for this flange, and I have an older kit without the pre-drilled holes. Could someone who has the pre-drilled holes please check the pitch and number of rivets and send me this information?
Thanks,
Dave Van Lanen
601XL – tail done, working on wings
Do not archive [quote][b]

- The Matronics Zenith601-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith601-List
dvanlanen

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:48 pm    Post subject: 601XL Aileron Skin Rivet Pattern Question Reply with quote

The diagram at the left-center of plans page 6-W-2 specifies the rivet pattern for the front of the aileron skin to the front flanges of the ribs: 3 rivets A4, pitch 25mm from the top, then 22mm to each of the next 2 rivets. However, this does not look like the correct rivet pattern for the aileron tip (6W2-4) because it has a longer front flange. I do not see any notes in the plans specific to the rivet pattern for this flange, and I have an older kit without the pre-drilled holes. Could someone who has the pre-drilled holes please check the pitch and number of rivets and send me this information?
Thanks,
Dave Van Lanen
601XL – tail done, working on wings
Do not archive [quote][b]

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

GLJSOJ1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: 601XL Aileron Skin Rivet Pattern Question Reply with quote

Hi Dave

I checked my drawing and there is no mention of the front of the outboard rib. All of my construction photos don't show it, but I believe I hit the rib flange at 10MM and spaced the others evenly as there was no mention of it in the drawing or manual. My wings are at the field and will be a awhile before I get to them. Mine is also an older version

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith601-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: