Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Extended wing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith701801-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stepinwolf

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 3:51 am    Post subject: Extended wing Reply with quote

I have been told that Chris Heinz has written, or approved of, a slight increase in the wingspan as a mod for the 701. Can anyone point me in the right direction to the article, mod, or where it was published. ?

Thank you

Bob the 701 scratch
Three Rivers, Quebec

# 7-7143

- The Matronics Zenith701801-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith701801-List

rbjjr

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 12:58 am    Post subject: Re: Extended wing Reply with quote

I have wondered the same. Is there such a thing, officially? Somewhere I have seen a builder refer to his 701 as such and such "long wing" in a post, I think.

Thanks

Burke Johnson
CH701

DO NOT ARCHIVE

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

John Bolding

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 4:46 am    Post subject: Extended wing Reply with quote

Yes and no I guess, I have a COPY of a sketch that another builder was kind
enough to send me showing the spar doubler mod that makes a 12" extension
possible. The drawing is signed by Chris. I am sorry I don't remember who
sent it to me (memory is the second thing to go) but the drawing was made
for him so it hasn't been handed down too many times.
I'll be glad to send it to someone who can scan it and put it in the files .
I don't have that capability.
I ASSUME that the news that the 750 was also gonna be avail as plans built
made it to the list ??
LO&SLO John

---

stepinwolf

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 9:01 am    Post subject: Extended wing Reply with quote

John,

Since I have not as yet started cutting up the aluminum for my 701, to say that I would be interested in knowing exactly where you heard about the availability of the 750 in "plans " form, would be an understatement. Can you be more precise in your following statement and I quote " I ASSUME that the news that the 750 was also going to be avail as plans built made it to the list ?? unquote, regarding where you obtained the information.

From everything I ever heard, the exact opposite should be the case.

Bob the 701 scratch
Three Rivers, Quebec

[quote] ---

John Bolding

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 9:46 am    Post subject: Extended wing Reply with quote

Bob, As stated in my previous post if the fellow that Sebastian made this statement to wants to chime in here he can. this fellow called me on my cell as soon as he stepped out of the tent at SunFun to tell me , I was skeptical as are you and stated the same reasons as everybody else has. The guy that was talking to Sebastian is a very hands on kinda guy and REALLY pays attention. No chance he misunderstood in my view, also as I said before, hope they don't change their mind.
You now know as much about it as I do. If I say anything else I'm making it up. LO&SLO John

---

dpfisher(at)scottsbluff.n

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 8:37 pm    Post subject: Extended Wing Reply with quote

Hi ,
I asked Chris several years ago about extending each wing by a foot for
high altitude operation. He replied "If you increase the wing span you'll
have to reinforce the spar, which is heavier and cancels some of the
increased span!
To retain full strength the web doubler 7-V-2, 6SP should be t=.040
(instead .032) and longer."

He included a sketch showing 7-V-2 longer both inboard and outboard by 80
mm in each direction for a total of 160mm longer.
I've not yet done the mod but am considering it. If you're considering
longer wings I'd suggest you discuss it with the good folks at the Zenith
factory as I'm sure they'll have more current and complete information.

Dave, 701 with A80-8 Continental- still slowly building!
Quote:
I have been told that Chris Heinz has written, or approved of, a slight
increase
in the wingspan as a mod for the 701.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith701801-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: