Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

crooks at Performance Engines

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Lancair-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
larry(at)ncproto.com

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:36 pm    Post subject: crooks at Performance Engines Reply with quote

Well, it's time I go public. Ron Munson / Performance Engines has owed me and promised to pay me back my $20,000 deposit for over two years now. I read Matt Throckmorton's account of his dealings with Mike Moore and mine is a very similar story. Bottom line here, no matter how you slice it Ron Munson is a liar and a cheat and should be in jail; let alone receive any orders from any of us or anyone else. His "salesman" Stuart Featherstone falls into the same category. I've tried being nice talking with him, I've had an attorney send nice letters, I've had an attorney send threatening letters, I've had a collections agency work to get my money back. So far, no joy. Apparently Ron Munson has moved his banking to Nevada while maintaining operations in California; making it more difficult and expensive to go after him. Anyone with any ideas on what to do with this crook ?? I have no intention of letting this go J.
Rocket (under construction)
[quote][b]

- The Matronics Lancair-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Lancair-List
hamilton(at)twinwolf.net

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:13 pm    Post subject: crooks at Performance Engines Reply with quote

Larry first you need to get a judgment against him then get the Nevada court to acknowledge the foreign judgment and then attach his Nevada assets. Also record the judgment in any County in California that he has any real property. Then take him back to court on a judgment debtors examination and under oath you can ask him about all his assets and business activities. If you find any assets you can attach them.
al

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 2:34 PM, Larry James <larry(at)ncproto.com (larry(at)ncproto.com)> wrote:
[quote]
Well, it's time I go public. Ron Munson / Performance Engines has owed me and promised to pay me back my $20,000 deposit for over two years now. I read Matt Throckmorton's account of his dealings with Mike Moore and mine is a very similar story. Bottom line here, no matter how you slice it Ron Munson is a liar and a cheat and should be in jail; let alone receive any orders from any of us or anyone else. His "salesman" Stuart Featherstone falls into the same category. I've tried being nice talking with him, I've had an attorney send nice letters, I've had an attorney send threatening letters, I've had a collections agency work to get my money back. So far, no joy. Apparently Ron Munson has moved his banking to Nevada while maintaining operations in California; making it more difficult and expensive to go after him. Anyone with any ideas on what to do with this crook ?? I have no intention of letting this go J.
Rocket (under construction)
Quote:

[b]

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

larry(at)ncproto.com

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 11:12 am    Post subject: crooks at Performance Engines Reply with quote

Sent: Thursday, May 01, 2008 10:27 AM
To: 'rv-list(at)matronics.com'
Subject: crooks at Performance Engines

Quote:
>Larry,
>
>First let me say that I Purchased my engine from the fine folks at Mattatuck. That said I don't have a dog in >>this hunt in any way. Judging from your post you have just taken this public although there is not much detail. >>There is usually 2 sides to every story so I don't have any ability to evaluate your claim.
>
>I think before reasonable folks make judgments about the credibility of either side we should have some facts. >>Otherwise there are courts to sort out such disputes based on documented facts and not on emotion.
>
>All the best, I hope you are able to get satisfactory resolution. In the mean time lets not all rush to >>judgment.
>
>Ralph Hoover

Hi Ralph,
Here are some more details:
I own / run a small business and see a lot of things run by my desk. I run a high-end machine shop with all multi-axis machines making orthopedic implants, medical devices, aircraft parts, and the like. The success of my business is largely based on old fashioned principles: honesty, quality, and expertise.

The short story on goes like this: I decided to go with Performance Engines for a “hot rod” IO-540 for my Rocket. They asked for a $20,000 deposit and promised delivery in 90 days – all in a written contract (by email and fax). The 90 days came and went, I wasn’t worried; another couple of months went by, I still wasn’t too worried. After 9 months went by and still no engine I was worried. We had been talking during this time and there were “reasons” for the delay (for example, they were unable to secure a Barrett cold-air-induction sump). Then a friend of mine (based at my home airport) visited Performance Engines looking for another engine builder for his Reno racer; and found that while Performance advertises and talks up their dyno data and experience; they have no dyno. Given this and the fact that they were over 6 months late in delivering my engine I decided to pull the plug; I cancelled my order and asked for my deposit back. Ron agreed but asked for a little time to pull together the $20,000. Again I wasn’t too worried and agreed to 2 months. This time came and went with no money. Long story short, after 2 years, over 50 phone calls, many promises, many broken promises, and the involvement of an attorney; I had received around $8,000 of my deposit returned. During this time my secretary kept a phone log and the number of calls and emails that went un-returned is staggering; as well as the number of times we were promised “$4,000 by the end of next week” only to receive $1500 2-1/2 weeks later. As a last resort I let a collections agency try; and after they had worked their normal process, they came back and said that Ron had shown himself to be fairly adept at circumventing debt; among the tactics are banking in Nevada while conducting operations in California and having his bookkeeper stonewall. These folks said the only way to go further would be for me to pay the up-front costs of a lawsuit. I’m taking this to mean “more good money after bad” so I’m very reticent to make this investment (most likely not an investment at all). That’s pretty much the story.

It has been my experience that it is not that hard to “do the right thing” and keep my nose clean. There is a very rare customer that is difficult to please, but they are rare. Even more rare (but do exist) is the “impossible to please” customer. It happens. But even then, it is fairly easy to walk away clean. My dealings with Ron at Performance has been anything but clean.

I was quite reticent to go public with this and your response is exactly why. If I read someone making a claim like this I would naturally ask myself what part this “wronged person” had played to cause this breakdown. In throwing this mud it seems there is no escaping some of it sticking to me. And I didn’t like this prospect. But in the end I didn’t like the prospect of Ron Munson getting away with my (now) $12,000 even more. And in truth I cannot find myself carrying any fault – the case is very simple and straight forward: I paid a deposit for an engine; the engine was never delivered; it was acknowledged the deposit was to be returned; the deposit was not returned; done; black and white. The only reasonable conclusion is that Performance Engines, Ron Munson, and Stuart Featherstone are crooks.

I have received some very nice and encouraging emails off-line; thank you to all of you J If anyone else has ideas on how I can get my money back I’d love to hear from them.
Larry E. James
Bellevue, WA
Super Decathlon
Rocket under construction

[quote][b]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Lancair-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: