Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jet Races at Reno

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> L29-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sd737(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:27 pm    Post subject: Jet Races at Reno Reply with quote

Hi guys,
Here is a response from Doc Blevins about getting more jets into the Reno Air Races. They have not previously had a class other than for the L-39's. Here is an attempt to get other jets into the event.

Scott,
Hey thanks for the note and possible L-29's. Let me give you a little update as of today 1705hrs. (subject to change within the hour.) Jim O'Neal (organizer of the L-39 races) told me: RARA had decided that the 39's were not a great attraction to the spectators and they needed to cut expenses. Jim thought it would be a good idea if we could come up with enough subsonic jets to field a bronze, silver, gold , based on qualifying times rather than a one model only (39's). What this means is that you could have some of the faster, 29's, iskras, provosts, etc. mixed in with the faster 39's. Conversely, some of the slower planes would be flying with each other in the Bronze race. They also wanted us to beat the bushes for prize money sponsorships, thus, absorbing some of the costs. That is where Jim and I are right now, trying to see if there is enough interest out there to make a pitch to RARA and get the jets reinstated. Time is of the essence, publicity, pylon school, etc
. needs to be addressed. If you can do me a favor, and get some solid committments, Money and or planes, especially planes, then we can work on the money issue. We would like to have a minimun of around 20 entries, which I think is attainable. I've got to check in with Jim and let him know my recruiting results within the next couple of days. I think I can guarantee at least 3-5 29's, and l Casa. plus several 39's that raced last year. Hopefully, Jim can add to the total. Any help is appreciated. Jim and I will be making a pitch down at the CJAA convention at the end of this month, maybe some more. Keep your fingers crossed. Thanks again Doc B.

- The Matronics L29-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?L29-List
sd737(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject: Jet Races at Reno Reply with quote

I know there would be at least 3 or 4 from Northern California and Reno. Not sure how many of you guys would be willing to fly your planes cross country to participate in the races.

--

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

czech6(at)kellin.net

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:10 pm    Post subject: Jet Races at Reno Reply with quote

Scott, send me Doc Blevins E mail please.
czech6(at)kellin.net

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> L29-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: