Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wiring Conduit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV9-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dfischer(at)iserv.net

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:14 pm    Post subject: Wiring Conduit Reply with quote

I am running the Van's corrugated plastic conduit for the wiring in my wings. I plan to cut the tube out in the bay with the bell crank so I can locally route wiring for the nav and landing lights, heated pitot, etc. My question is: what are people are doing to protect the wires from rubbing against the edge of the tubing and cutting them? Not only will I have that potential in the bell-crank bay, but also at the wing root and tip. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any help!

Doug Fischer
RV-9A Wings
Jenison, MI

do not archive
[quote][b]

- The Matronics RV9-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV9-List
trigo(at)mail.telepac.pt

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:54 am    Post subject: Wiring Conduit Reply with quote

I used silicone dabs on the lightening holes edges and also spiral wrap on the wires themselves.

Carlos

From: owner-rv9-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-rv9-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Doug Fischer
Sent: domingo, 16 de Março de 2008 2:12
To: RV-9 List; RV List
Subject: Wiring Conduit

I am running the Van's corrugated plastic conduit for the wiring in my wings. I plan to cut the tube out in the bay with the bell crank so I can locally route wiring for the nav and landing lights, heated pitot, etc. My question is: what are people are doing to protect the wires from rubbing against the edge of the tubing and cutting them? Not only will I have that potential in the bell-crank bay, but also at the wing root and tip. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any help!

Doug Fischer

RV-9A Wings

Jenison, MI

do not archive
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

[quote][b]

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

aurbo(at)ak.net

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:32 am    Post subject: Wiring Conduit Reply with quote

Doug,

If I understand your question correctly your asking what keeps the wires from wearing away the corrugated plastic.

There really should not be any movement of the wires inside the plastic, the wires will just be sitting there. It isn't as if the wires will be doing a sawing or a rubbing back and forth movement. You could secure the wires at either end to stop and movement that does occur from vibration I suppose.

The automotive and trucking industry use those plastic conduits to run wires in and I have never seen wires cut holes in them or them cut holes in wires.

For an experiment take a piece of wire and rub it hard back and forth over some of that conduit and see what it takes to rub through either.

Oh and Doug that was a good question. Don't put do not archive on the good ones.

Mike Ice
RV-9 firewall forward just about complete
Anchorage, Alaska
[quote] ---

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV9-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: