Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fuel Vent lines

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV8-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
speed3guy(at)comcast.net

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:34 am    Post subject: Fuel Vent lines Reply with quote

Bill,

On my pre-punched RV-8a the plans call for a 45 degree bulkhead fitting in the hole in the landing gear weldment. The fitting goes in from the bottom with the nut up at the weldment. Orient the 45 degree fitting so that it aims down the gear leg.

Cheers,
Guy

From: owner-rv8-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-rv8-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of japhillipsga(at)aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2007 11:51 AM
To: rv8-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Re: RV8-List Fuel Vent lines

Rv-8 fellows, I'm working on my plumbing, fuel and brake. The plans shows the end of the vent tubing out the floor and bent forward. Is there a particular important reason why the drip end is pointed forward as opposed to to the rear ? I think I saw a couple RVs at Sun n Fun with the tubes rearward. Second question: The plans shows the brake lines going to the landing gear weldment and exit down at the leg. What have you all done in the past ? Make a separate hole in the floor near the weldment that you can snap in a plastic sleeve for friction protection or enlarge the gear hole and run it out against the steel leg ? Thanks ahead of time and best regards, Bill of Georgia

[quote] [b]

- The Matronics RV8-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV8-List
JAPhillipsGA(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject: Fuel Vent lines Reply with quote

Thanks for the help, Bill
do not archive
[quote][b]

- The Matronics RV8-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV8-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV8-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: