Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Aerocomp Panel and For Sale

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> AeroElectric-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ktlkrn(at)cox.net

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:00 am    Post subject: Aerocomp Panel and For Sale Reply with quote

I have an Aerocomp 7SL that I may or may not build. My neighbor is the owner of Phoenix Composites and has built a couple of Aerocomps. They use a metal panel fastened to the fiberglass. Although the glass is probably strong enough on its own they do a metal panel for modular install capability. This was my plan as well.
I did a carbon fiber overlay for my RV7. It is just for looks. Everybody who sees the panel loves it. Definitely unique. Pictures can be seen on the Van's "first flight" section.
Regarding Aerocomp, they have a great product. Unfortunately, their after sale support is lacking. They are more interested in selling new kits than getting more in the air regardless of who owns them. If you can get past this, the Aerocomp is a great product.
I was looking at a kit in progress and called them. I was warned that they would bad mouth the builder. Sure enough, they said not to trust the construction because they didn't think the owner knew what he was doing. It was then pointed out that the plane had been through THEIR Quick Build program. Then it was, "Oh, oh, I must have that one confused with someone else." Piece of work!!
I have an Aerocomp 7SL for sale. It is well along with all fuselage bulkheads, laminations and tail group completed and installed. The wings are closed with tanks complete. The wings are wired for antennas, landing and position lights. Ailerons and flaps complete. This one is set up for a recip engine (I was going to use a Lycoming I0540). Lots of extra stuff.
This kit goes new for around $60K with no work done. I sacrifice this one for $38K. By the way, the bulk of the construction was done by a former employee of Aerocomp with lots of experience.
Email direct for pictures and further information.
Darwin N. Barrie
Chandler AZ
RV-7 N717EE Flying

- The Matronics AeroElectric-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?AeroElectric-List
brinker(at)cox-internet.c

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:28 am    Post subject: Aerocomp Panel and For Sale Reply with quote

Darwin thanks for the dash info. Do you mind if I contact you off
list ?

- The Matronics AeroElectric-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?AeroElectric-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> AeroElectric-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: