Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Brakes G-suits, and air

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> L29-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ernie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Brakes G-suits, and air Reply with quote

I have pneumatic brakes in my CJ-6 Nanchang, learned how to use them in my L-29. I would'nt have it any other way
They are much more presices than Hydraulic brakes and a hell of a lot easier to maintain. Every L-29 newbie has the same question(yours truly included) how can I convert to western brakes........Not worth it.... this is a western system copied by the Soviets. The F-86 has the same braking system as your 29. Learn how to use it and you'll learn to love it...(remember me Bill???). It is the hardest thing to master on this airplane, but once you master it it is wonderful. I can pull up to my hangar and swing my airplane 180 degrees like a tail dragger. I hate toe brakes!

Yes other people have done it, but ask them if it was worth the effort. I would rather spend the money on air condtioning. Just cause I sold my airplane doesnt mean I'm gonna abandon the L-29 crowd. I still love the plane and maybe I can still mooch a ride now and then.

Hey I have no reason to trash innovation, I just want to put across some better alternatives.

Ernie
[quote][b]

- The Matronics L29-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?L29-List
franklynn19(at)westnet.co

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:21 pm    Post subject: Brakes G-suits, and air Reply with quote

Thanks Ernie,

I have done a bit of flying in a Yak-52 and the brakes, although different, are no big deal. I agree it is all part of the enjoyment of operating that kind of aircraft. I was not really looking at converting for that reason, more that if I intend to try and work the aircraft to cover costs I want it to be as ground support free as possible. The Yak-52 and probably the CJ-6 has the compressor so a similar system for the -29 would be great or the increased capacity by using the old oxy bottles. Just exploring options. Great to get all of this feed back from everyone, keep it coming.

Cheers,

Frank

From: owner-l29-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-l29-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Ernest Martinez
Sent: Thursday, 2 August 2007 11:09 AM
To: l29-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Brakes G-suits, and air

I have pneumatic brakes in my CJ-6 Nanchang, learned how to use them in my L-29. I would'nt have it any other way
They are much more presices than Hydraulic brakes and a hell of a lot easier to maintain. Every L-29 newbie has the same question(yours truly included) how can I convert to western brakes........Not worth it.... this is a western system copied by the Soviets. The F-86 has the same braking system as your 29. Learn how to use it and you'll learn to love it...(remember me Bill???). It is the hardest thing to master on this airplane, but once you master it it is wonderful. I can pull up to my hangar and swing my airplane 180 degrees like a tail dragger. I hate toe brakes!

Yes other people have done it, but ask them if it was worth the effort. I would rather spend the money on air condtioning. Just cause I sold my airplane doesnt mean I'm gonna abandon the L-29 crowd. I still love the plane and maybe I can still mooch a ride now and then.

Hey I have no reason to trash innovation, I just want to put across some better alternatives.

Ernie
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[quote][b]

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Ernie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:33 pm    Post subject: Brakes G-suits, and air Reply with quote

Hey buddy,

Welcome aboard. Hell you fly 52's you're an old pro. An L-29 just has higer approach speeds Smile

No worries, maintenance on a pneumatic system is much simpler than a hydraulic system. Hell theres no pump! Just fill n go Smile If you have a real tight L-29 you can hold enough pressure for 4 flights per day for 4 days before you're empty. My airplane......140 BAR at 12:00 ......50 BAR at 12:30

Oh well it was a good flight Smile

Ernie

On 8/1/07, franknlynn <franklynn19(at)westnet.com.au (franklynn19(at)westnet.com.au) > wrote:[quote]
Thanks Ernie,

I have done a bit of flying in a Yak-52 and the brakes, although different, are no big deal. I agree it is all part of the enjoyment of operating that kind of aircraft. I was not really l

[b]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> L29-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: