Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wiring issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> AeroElectric-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rlnelson5

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:05 pm    Post subject: Wiring issues Reply with quote

Hello
Redoing my lower dash panel.

1 I have a Whalen strobe powerpack that can handle either 1,2,3 or 4 strobes. It is 14v 7a unit . I have 2 wingtip , 1 tail and 1 red strobe/ beacon.

My question is if I could use a [ 2-10 ?] switch to control this strobe power unit and have the red beacon turn on the middle switch position and then add the other 3 strobes at the top switch position?
If that would not do it is there some other arrangment to do it?

2 I have the B + C instrament lighting dimmer setup .
I have Inst. lights, couple of post lights Radio lights ,Lower dash panel lights , and 2 over the shoulder lights. I have a cabin ovhd light as well.

I am using Fiber light units on most instraments and on the lower dash. The lower dash units are a long fiber optic strip that has lettering on them to label the lower dash panel items.

How should I handle this whole setup?
I only have one dimmer pot .
Do I need some type of rotary switch?
Regular switches or wire the ovhd to a seperate switch? ? wire them all together?

Any ideas would be helfull

thanks l

- The Matronics AeroElectric-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?AeroElectric-List
Bret Smith

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:47 pm    Post subject: Wiring issues Reply with quote

"The lower dash units are a long fiber optic strip that has lettering on
them to label the lower dash panel items."

Do you have a picture of this? Manufacturer?
Bret Smith
RV-9A (91314)
Mineral Bluff, GA
www.FlightInnovations.com

--

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

rlnelson5

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Wiring issues Reply with quote

Sure , look in the Aircraft Spruce catalog. Made by Fiberlite. I have the 2004-5 version , on page 423 . It is called Illuminated Labeling

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> AeroElectric-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: