Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Brake pedal position:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV9-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mac11hsd(at)earthlink.net

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: Brake pedal position: Reply with quote

In attempting to determine the proper position to place the dual system brake pedals for my 9-A I have found that it will be necessary to depress two of the master cylinders in order to have the bolt holes line up with the designated tabs that are welded to the brake pedals. Having never set up a hydralic system before I have no experience to draw on and am not sure what I am doing. Could someone with more experience advise me before I make a mistake and drill a hole in the wrong place?
Mac

- The Matronics RV9-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV9-List
aurbo(at)ak.net

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 10:42 am    Post subject: Brake pedal position: Reply with quote

Mac,

When you say, "necessary to depress two of the master cylinders". How much
did you press them down? If it was just a tiny amount then probably no
troubles. If a lot then something else might be wrong.

Your statement, "designated tabs that are welded to the brake pedals" really
makes me wonder what your talking about. Are you sure your not talking about
the two tabs that the rudder cables hook up to? There should be one on the
right side of the plane and one on the left.

Can you take a picture and post it?

Mike Ice
RV-9
Firewall forward
---

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 11:47 am    Post subject: Brake pedal position: Reply with quote

Michael,
The "Designated Tab" I am referring to is the one riveted to the brake pedal. My mistake about welded. This is the tab drawing 37 shows the large hemi-spherical head of the brake cylinder attaching to with the AN3-11 bolt. After further study I see that the brake cylinder cannot be depressed as it returns to it's fully expanded position due to the internal return spring. I see that I must drill the attachment hole for the AN3-11 bolt in different positions on the tab depending on the particular rudder pedal (fore or aft) position in order to get the top edges of each brake pedal pair even with each other. Am I makeing my self clear? I will try to post a photograph. I have never done so before. I am not much of a computer whiz.
Mac

--

aurbo(at)ak.net

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 5:54 am    Post subject: Brake pedal position: Reply with quote

Mac,

It sounds like you have it figured out correctly. Build on and have fun. If
you still have doubts drop an email to Van's.

Mike

---

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 6:38 am    Post subject: Brake pedal position: Reply with quote

Mike,
Thanks for the input. My confidence needs the boost.
Mac

--

wletcher(at)msn.com

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 10:22 am    Post subject: Brake pedal position: Reply with quote

Most of the builders in our group use one long bolt going all the way across each peddle instead of the two short ones Vans recommends.
If the brake cylinder rod is depressed at all brake fluid will not pass through it. (will not be released) All the brake cylinders must freely return to the non applied position.
Finishing RV 9a

Bill

[quote] Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 10:37:21 -0400
To: rv9-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Re: Brake pedal position:

--> RV9-List message posted by: McCarty <mac11hsd(at)earthlink.net>

Mike,
Thanks for the input. My confidence needs the boost.
Mac

--

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV9-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: