Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RV8-List Fuel Tank Clamps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV8-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
japhillipsga(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:00 am    Post subject: RV8-List Fuel Tank Clamps Reply with quote

Dear Thread Friend & Builders, I'm about to install the rear baffle in my RV-8a wing tank. The instructions mention using 'C' clamps and large spring clamps to assist in squeezing the ProSel out and getting a better fit. I can't picture where these clamps should go. Nose skin tip to baffle ? Side to side ? Anybody got an idea ? I could use the advise to picture how these go, Thanks, Bill

--

- The Matronics RV8-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV8-List
heath.cherneski(at)gmail.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:49 am    Post subject: RV8-List Fuel Tank Clamps Reply with quote

Hey Bill,
When installing the rear baffle on my tanks I cleco’d every rivet hole to make sure I got a good fit and then removed every other cleco to begin riveting. I squeezed these rivets since they were easy to access. I inspected my fit after cleco to ensure I did not have any “bubbles” between the skin and the baffle. I think the intent of the c-clamps was to ensure your fit was smooth and flat (ie no “bubbles” or “bumps”). Also, if you can ensure your pro-seal application is even along this seem, then you will have a better fit as well. My buddy and I have completed four tanks (rv8 and rv7) with no leaks. I erred on the side of no leaks when applying pro-seal in this seam and so went a little heavy. However, I have no leaks. Anyway, good luck. Hope this helps. My least favorite work so far has been with pro-seal, followed closely by fiberglass work.
Heath Cherneski (RV8 82519) (no N number yet)
Enterprise, Al

From: owner-rv8-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-rv8-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of japhillipsga(at)aol.com
Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2007 9:59 AM
To: rv8-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Re: RV8-List Fuel Tank Clamps

Dear Thread Friend & Builders, I'm about to install the rear baffle in my RV-8a wing tank. The instructions mention using 'C' clamps and large spring clamps to assist in squeezing the ProSel out and getting a better fit. I can't picture where these clamps should go. Nose skin tip to baffle ? Side to side ? Anybody got an idea ? I could use the advise to picture how these go, Thanks, Bill

--

- The Matronics RV8-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV8-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV8-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: