Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AeroElectric-List Digest: 14 Msgs - 01/27/06

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> AeroElectric-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
markeypilot(at)yahoo.com

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:57 am    Post subject: AeroElectric-List Digest: 14 Msgs - 01/27/06 Reply with quote

Rich,

I flew a Vari-EZ with Kuntzelman strobes. They worked great and were the original strobes when the FAA inspector signed the plane off for nighttime VFR. The units are steamlined and can be mounted on a flat surface or on curved surfaces. The lenses are clear, but I have seen folks color red one of the two units.

I put a new set on my Glasair this spring - one on top behind the canopy and one on bottom behind the wing. I asked several pilots for feedback on visibility of the plane, both on the ground, in the pattern when viewed from the ground, and air-to-air en route and in the pattern. All comments were favorable. This is in distinct contrast to the negative feedback I received with the wing tip units, which are recessed on the Glasair.

I have had good service getting a new bulb - I banged it hard on the Vari-EZ while doing other maintenance work - oops. For the new units, the lady was very friendly and threw in enough cabling so that I wouldn't have to make any splices.

I do pick up a bit of strobe signature over the LightSpeed 20's when the engine is off and things are real quiet in the cockpit. Under normal ops, I can't hear the strobes. NOTE: This soft noise was present with the original Whelans still in the wing tip units, so I cannot point to the new Kuntzelman strobes as generating any noise.

John Markey
Glasair II

http://www.kestrobes.com/

Time: 11:11:44 AM PST US
Subject: Automotive Strobes & LED replacement bulbs

Greetings,

I am asking for a friend who is nearing completion of
his airplane.

Strobe sets cost $900

Thee police cares in the Long Island New York area
have strobes in their marker lights.

Is anyone familiar with them?

Any possibility that they could be used in out
aircraft?

And likewise with the automotive LED replacement
bulbs?

-Rich

---------------------------------

- The Matronics AeroElectric-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?AeroElectric-List
brinker(at)cox-internet.c

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:01 pm    Post subject: AeroElectric-List Digest: 14 Msgs - 01/27/06 Reply with quote

Anyone fimiliar with the Zaon flight systems traffic avoidance system ?
Looks promising and has a RS232 output which may make it compatible for
showing traffic on a PFD. And from what I've read it will pick up traffic
pretty much anywhere in the USA.

Randy

- The Matronics AeroElectric-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?AeroElectric-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> AeroElectric-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: