Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sun 'n Fun 2021 a success!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
budyerly@msn.com

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:31 pm    Post subject: Sun 'n Fun 2021 a success! Reply with quote

Sun ‘n Fun is winding down, I’m sun tanned, dehydrated, and elated at the turnout considering Covid, lockdowns, weather fronts, and the time of year. It is now time for me to face the pack up and return back to normal life.

Attendance at the show by the public was very good. My booth was busy, and many new builders were looking for aircraft, props and consultation. The skies cleared for the airshow performers daily and the Blue Angels were in fine tune. Our N-55 spot is an excellent viewing point for the airshow and it was fun to watch the croud marvel at the performers and the military flight demonstrations flown by the F-22, A-10, C-17, F-18, and our WWII P-51s, Corsairs, and T-6s. It was sad to see nearly 15% of all the indoor booths vacant or with signs and Zoom meetings in their place in the hangars, however, the Ultralight/STOL/LSA area was packed and busy. The Sun ‘n Fun staff did a great job pulling it all together. The fly in week long aircraft parking and tent camping was quite busy and the camp grounds were really crowded with motor homes, camp trailers, and tents filled with folks just wanting to get out.

Over the week, Anita and I saw many Europa friends. It was great to see everyone that could break away. To my best count we had at total of 8 current owners:
Chuck Reinas, Claud Tugwell, Erich Trombley, John Wigney, Bill Moreland, Ira and Linda Rampil, Jerry and Jeanie Hope, Bud and Anita Yerly and I saw John Hurst and Jimmy Thursby as well from the pre 2004 Europa company.

Weather and transportation prevented some from attending our dinner outing/engineering meeting Thursday night, but all 8 of us ( 9 with Todd our Piper driver) had a good time. The “Engineering Meeting” was attended by:
Erich Trombley, Claud Tugwell, Jerry and Jeanie Hope and their friend Todd, Ira and Linda Rampil,
Bud and Anita Yerly.
Photo attached or read the pdf.

I look with relief that the weather cooperated and the pack up and haul out is not hectic this year.

Mark your calendars for April 5-10, Sun ‘n Fun 2022:
Bud and Anita Yerly

- The Matronics Europa-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List

Sun n Fun Europa Attendees.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.84 MB
 Viewed:  1381 Time(s)

Sun n Fun Europa Attendees.jpg

Sun n Fun Europa Attendees.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Sun n Fun Europa Attendees.pdf
 Filesize:  249.84 KB
 Downloaded:  131 Time(s)

budyerly@msn.com

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:34 am    Post subject: Re: Sun 'n Fun 2021 a success! Reply with quote

I posted a bit early it seems as Dave and Sue Conrad came by and are here in Florida for a short time and then will begin working on their mono as soon as the snow clears in Colorado.

Claud Tugwell came to an arrangement with Jimmy Thursby who is now the owner of Clauds beautiful O-200 Europa.

That is 10 Europa Owners coming through to the show.

Sunday pack out was a very long day for Anita and I as rain was forcasted and we pushed to get everything off the site and back to the shop. Monday/today is a rain day and unwind day.

Regards to all.
Bud and Anita Yerly

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

peterz(at)zutrasoft.com

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:44 am    Post subject: Sun 'n Fun 2021 a success! Reply with quote

How does that 0-200 handle and perform with all that weight?
Curious,
PeteZ Smile

Quote:
On Apr 19, 2021, at 9:42 AM, budyerly(at)msn.com wrote:

I posted a bit early it seems as Dave and Sue Conrad came by and are here in Florida for a short time and then will begin working on their mono as soon as the snow clears in Colorado.

Claud Tugwell came to an arrangement with Jimmy Thursby who is now the owner of Clauds beautiful O-200 Europa.

That is 10 Europa Owners coming through to the show.

Sunday pack out was a very long day for Anita and I as rain was forcasted and we pushed to get everything off the site and back to the shop. Monday/today is a rain day and unwind day.

Regards to all.
Bud and Anita Yerly

Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=501432#501432

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: