Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SnF

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rampil

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:20 am    Post subject: SnF Reply with quote

Like Bud and Anita, Linda and I are double vaxed and planning to attend.
Our local forecast for next Monday and Tuesday calls for rain, so we will be driving.

Would anyone here consider attending an Engineering Meeting (Wednesday
or Thursday)?

Cheers,
Ira
N224XS

- The Matronics Europa-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List

budyerly@msn.com

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:38 pm    Post subject: SnF Reply with quote

Anita and I will be there.

Watch the weather up North. It's nice down here but you have to get here from there.
Heck getting 12AY the 5 miles from Plant City Airport to Lakeland may have to be by road.
My freshly top overhauled engine is leaking oil from the turbo components like rain. I'm throwing time and parts at that now. The last oil leak is at the oil catch can area under the turbo (which is wet between the split also) and believe it or not, my hose from the turbo outlet to the manifold is full of oil and leaking. What a mess. Hopefully, I can troubleshoot that and find a less costly fix than I fear the symptoms are leading to. On top of that, although all went extremely well during high power flight test climbs, stalls, cruise and engine data checks I did some touch and goes and after a short/soft field full stop landing, I was feeling good on taxi back then I find the voltage down to 12 and the amps at -2 at idle power. It never does that. It is always 13 minimum and slightly positive. I ran it up to 2500 and the voltage rose a bit as did the amps indicating there is some life there. Then I saw a small pool of oil under the turbo. Either the voltage regulator has failed (I just put that on in 2007) or my stator has died (I repaired that in 2006). Frankly a 14 year old part on a 20 year old engine should last forever don't you think? Except it is an airplane of course. So back to the airport in the morning to pull the cowl, test the stator, replace the regulator, and find the oil leak and hopefully fix it for sure. Backup plan is load the plane on the trailer and haul it as time is growing short. Life is an adventure, and I'm up for it.

Bud and Anita Yerly

Custom Flight Creations, Inc.
US Airmaster Dealer
Europa N12AY at S'nF site N55.

--

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

peterz(at)zutrasoft.com

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:51 pm    Post subject: SnF Reply with quote

re: weather:  ya, it's like that every. single. year.   for us north-easters..... always blocking fronts rolling through

Sad
-PeteZ

On Thu, Apr 8, 2021 at 5:45 PM Bud Yerly <budyerly(at)msn.com (budyerly(at)msn.com)> wrote:

[quote]--> Europa-List message posted by: Bud Yerly <budyerly(at)msn.com (budyerly(at)msn.com)>

Watch the weather up North.  It's nice down here but you have to get here from there.

Heck getting 12AY the 5 miles from Plant City Airport to Lakeland may have to be by road.
My freshly top overhauled engine is leaking oil from the turbo components like rain.  I'm throwing time and parts at that now.  The last oil leak is at the oil catch can area under the turbo (which is wet between the split also) and believe it or not, my hose from the turbo outlet to the manifold is full of oil and leaking.  What a mess.  Hopefully, I can troubleshoot that and find a less costly fix than I fear the symptoms are leading to.  On top of that, although all went extremely well during high power flight test climbs, stalls, cruise and engine data checks I did some touch and goes and after a short/soft field full stop landing, I was feeling good on taxi back then I find the voltage down to 12 and the amps at -2 at idle power.  It never does that.  It is always 13 minimum and slightly positive.  I ran it up to 2500 and the voltage rose a bit as did the amps indicating there is some life there. Then I saw a small pool of oil under the turbo. Either the voltage regulat!
 or has failed (I just put that on in 2007) or my stator has died (I repaired that in 2006).  Frankly a 14 year old part on a 20 year old engine should last forever don't you think?  Except it is an airplane of course.  So back to the airport in the morning to pull the cowl, test the stator, replace the regulator, and find the oil leak and hopefully fix it for sure.   Backup plan is load the plane on the trailer and haul it as time is growing short.  Life is an adventure, and I'm up for it.

Bud and Anita Yerly

US Airmaster Dealer

--

budyerly@msn.com

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:22 am    Post subject: SnF Reply with quote

Yes and it seems airplanes that sit throw temper tantrums and our pilot skills seem to dull and springtime is when we start to come out of our hole.
Just like the groundhog, we stick our nose out, we move in steps to get going again.

Bud Yerly

From: owner-europa-list-server(at)matronics.com <owner-europa-list-server(at)matronics.com> On Behalf Of Pete Zut
Sent: Thursday, April 08, 2021 6:51 PM
To: europa-list <europa-list(at)matronics.com>
Subject: Re: SnF

re: weather: ya, it's like that every. single. year. for us north-easters..... always blocking fronts rolling through

Sad

-PeteZ

On Thu, Apr 8, 2021 at 5:45 PM Bud Yerly <budyerly(at)msn.com (budyerly(at)msn.com)> wrote:
[quote]
--> Europa-List message posted by: Bud Yerly <budyerly(at)msn.com (budyerly(at)msn.com)>

Watch the weather up North. It's nice down here but you have to get here from there.

My freshly top overhauled engine is leaking oil from the turbo components like rain. I'm throwing time and parts at that now. The last oil leak is at the oil catch can area under the turbo (which is wet between the split also) and believe it or not, my hose from the turbo outlet to the manifold is full of oil and leaking. What a mess. Hopefully, I can troubleshoot that and find a less costly fix than I fear the symptoms are leading to. On top of that, although all went extremely well during high power flight test climbs, stalls, cruise and engine data checks I did some touch and goes and after a short/soft field full stop landing, I was feeling good on taxi back then I find the voltage down to 12 and the amps at -2 at idle power. It never does that. It is always 13 minimum and slightly positive. I ran it up to 2500 and the voltage rose a bit as did the amps indicating there is some life there. Then I saw a small pool of oil under the turbo. Either the voltage regulat!
or has failed (I just put that on in 2007) or my stator has died (I repaired that in 2006). Frankly a 14 year old part on a 20 year old engine should last forever don't you think? Except it is an airplane of course. So back to the airport in the morning to pull the cowl, test the stator, replace the regulator, and find the oil leak and hopefully fix it for sure. Backup plan is load the plane on the trailer and haul it as time is growing short. Life is an adventure, and I'm up for it.

Bud and Anita Yerly

US Airmaster Dealer

--

budyerly@msn.com

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:10 am    Post subject: SnF Reply with quote

Sun 'n Fun local weather appears to be tolerable still for the week. A blocking front will hamper those flying down. There will be times and corridors for flying VFR and it won't be pretty until a bit later in the week.

I personally won't expose N12AY to Sunday's inch of rain, miserable high winds and potential tent flying. I'm not going to expose myself to setting tenting up in the rain either. So. setup will be a challenge. My electrical woes on 12AY aren't solved but the good news is the stator seems fine and, replacing the regulator and checking wires continues.

That means I'll pull the wings and trailer N12AY over on Monday afternoon or evening. Monday's setup will be a mess of tractor trailers, carts everywhere and cleanup from the previous day. I'll play it by ear. It may be my advancing years, experience, or laziness but I think even I will look at a more cautious and perhaps slower setup. Even if the plane doesn't get there until Wednesday, that is fine with me. We'll have a tent for cover, a place to sit, advertising out, and watch and enjoy the other Type A's scramble around in the mud and work around the clock.

Tuesday, I'll work on my tan, make a must have buy list, and meet and greet. I'll enjoy seeing folks, attending gatherings and try to spread cheer for a week.

Be safe in your travels and plan accordingly. We'll be here to welcome you to Sun 'n Fun.

Best Regards,
Bud Yerly

--

stevenwpitt(at)me.com

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:23 am    Post subject: SnF Reply with quote

Dear Bud and Anita,
Yet again no hope of joining you at Sun’n’Fun this year as we are not yet allowed to travel abroad.

We are enduring the Covid in the UK, Mary and I are waiting our second jab in the next couple of weeks, and the family is well (only Hannah got the ‘bug’ but was very lightly affected - thank goodness).

I was looking to see if we could have an engineering meeting in the UK but the only Hooters is in Nottingham, several hundred miles away, so we will buy some wings locally and think of you all.

Take care, regards to the family, and all who might remember me in the years gone by (especially Ira and Jim).

Best wishes,
Steve
G-SMDH Tri-gear 912S

[quote] On 10 Apr 2021, at 13:09, Bud Yerly <budyerly(at)msn.com> wrote:

Sun 'n Fun local weather appears to be tolerable still for the week. A blocking front will hamper those flying down. There will be times and corridors for flying VFR and it won't be pretty until a bit later in the week.

I personally won't expose N12AY to Sunday's inch of rain, miserable high winds and potential tent flying. I'm not going to expose myself to setting tenting up in the rain either. So. setup will be a challenge. My electrical woes on 12AY aren't solved but the good news is the stator seems fine and, replacing the regulator and checking wires continues.

That means I'll pull the wings and trailer N12AY over on Monday afternoon or evening. Monday's setup will be a mess of tractor trailers, carts everywhere and cleanup from the previous day. I'll play it by ear. It may be my advancing years, experience, or laziness but I think even I will look at a more cautious and perhaps slower setup. Even if the plane doesn't get there until Wednesday, that is fine with me. We'll have a tent for cover, a place to sit, advertising out, and watch and enjoy the other Type A's scramble around in the mud and work around the clock.

Tuesday, I'll work on my tan, make a must have buy list, and meet and greet. I'll enjoy seeing folks, attending gatherings and try to spread cheer for a week.

Be safe in your travels and plan accordingly. We'll be here to welcome you to Sun 'n Fun.

Best Regards,
Bud Yerly

--

budyerly@msn.com

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:37 am    Post subject: SnF Reply with quote

Steve and Mary,
We sorely miss seeing you all. I hope your "second jab" goes as well as ours did.

Travel is always tough when we have fear and loathing in the news and lawmakers decide they know what is best for us. "Papers Please".

Although it is a bit of a rushed and muddy setup, the temperature here is cool (60's to 80's) and the wind dry and light. In Florida, restaurants and shopping are open again, although we continue to follow the China example and everyone wears a useless mask. Anita and I have been getting out for months and couldn't be more distressed hearing about the lockdowns continuing outside our area.

Life is full of risk. I thought we the people were to manage our personal risk. I guess I'm wrong.

The front has passed, the fog is clearing, and the sun will be shining through to clear skies in a few hours. Another week of Sun 'n Fun about to happen here in Florida.

All the best to you and Yours,

Bud and Anita Yerly

--

alfuller194(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:22 am    Post subject: SnF Reply with quote

Bud and all - it looks like I won't be at SnF or anything else for a while.
Here's where we stand in Michigan:

The governor had tried to implement restrictions, but the legislature and
courts said no dice. Now the governor is asking people to govern their own
behavior - what is referred to below as 'managing our personal risk'. To
date we have had over 841,000 cases, and are closing in on 18,000 deaths
from covid - and I'm guessing every single person thought they were
adequately managing their risk. Yet, someone who already had the disease
managed to transmit to them...

----------------
All the best,

Al Fuller

--

peterz(at)zutrasoft.com

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:19 pm    Post subject: SnF Reply with quote

Hi Al, not much better up here in Ontario, although the gov has shut a few things down half hearted to avoid a rebellion.
Folks up here don't modify their behavior till they get fearful for themselves. Not quite there yet. I figure that will happen when they start triage'ing the ICU's.
Vaccine effectiveness is still months away up here... as our federal gov is at the whim of imports.
PeteZ

On Wed., Apr. 14, 2021, 3:30 p.m. , <alfuller194(at)gmail.com (alfuller194(at)gmail.com)> wrote:

[quote]--> Europa-List message posted by: <alfuller194(at)gmail.com (alfuller194(at)gmail.com)>

----------------
All the best,

Al Fuller

--

alfuller194(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:42 am    Post subject: SnF Reply with quote

Hi Pete:

Wow, I didn’t realize it was that bad across the border. We aren’t allowed over now [we used to go to dinner and shopping in Windsor], and the local news stations appear to pretend that anything over the border doesn’t exist – even weather coming the east in Ontario.  Hopefully it gets better!

Fun navigational fact: Windsor, Ontario, Canada is **south** of Detroit, Michigan, USA by bridge or tunnel. It’s one of the few places where you travel south by road from Canada to the US – maybe the only one…

----------------
All the best,

Al Fuller

From: owner-europa-list-server(at)matronics.com <owner-europa-list-server(at)matronics.com> On Behalf Of Pete Zut
Sent: Wednesday, April 14, 2021 4:19 PM
To: europa-list <europa-list(at)matronics.com>
Subject: Re: SnF

Hi Al, not much better up here in Ontario, although the gov has shut a few things down half hearted to avoid a rebellion.

Folks up here don't modify their behavior till they get fearful for themselves. Not quite there yet. I figure that will happen when they start triage'ing the ICU's.

Vaccine effectiveness is still months away up here... as our federal gov is at the whim of imports.

PeteZ
On Wed., Apr. 14, 2021, 3:30 p.m. , <alfuller194(at)gmail.com (alfuller194(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
[quote]
--> Europa-List message posted by: <alfuller194(at)gmail.com (alfuller194(at)gmail.com)>

----------------
All the best,

Al Fuller

--

rampil

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:12 am    Post subject: Re: SnF Reply with quote

Of course the weather was much better than forecast!

The crowds were smaller than those eternally rosy press releases,
But the “Europers” had a fine time visiting with each other!

We even had a traditional “Engineering” netting at the traditional Hooters!

Ira

81C2418F-DF8A-48E9-994F-E6800B429640.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  452.47 KB
 Viewed:  2694 Time(s)

81C2418F-DF8A-48E9-994F-E6800B429640.jpeg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: