Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Panel Fabrication Was: Re: DC Wiring Diagrams for SPA Panth

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> AeroElectric-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iFlyLSA

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:06 am    Post subject: Panel Fabrication Was: Re: DC Wiring Diagrams for SPA Panth Reply with quote

Rickifly <gambler7425(at)gmail.com (gambler7425(at)gmail.com)>10:55 AM (3 minutes ago)

to aeroelectric-list

Hi Mr Tasker and Group,

Thank you for the feedback of a panel fabricator!
I will give them a call.
This is the Panel, and the quote from EMachineShop was $142.87 delivered (attached).
Reminder: I am a novice and there are many better ways that I have discovered since beginning drafting like adding more relationships and constraints etc. 
The drawings are defined accordingly, I just know my drawings will be better as I go

Also available by DM request is the Panel Part in 2D and 3D and GRT 10.1 Sport EFIS Part modeled in Solidworks for fun. 
Many Regards,
Rick

On Mon, Feb 15, 2021 at 10:26 AM Dick Tasker <dick(at)thetaskerfamily.com (dick(at)thetaskerfamily.com)> wrote:

Quote:
I had my panel fabricated by Bill M. of Up North Aviation.  He did a great job for a very reasonable cost.  If you have a design and can supply it in DXF format he can use that directly to cut the panel.  My panel is for an RV9A.  I started with an Affordable Panel when I first built the plane but they went out of business as far as I can find so when I upgraded my panel with more modern electronics, I had to find someone to cut a new panel from scratch.

I found Bill and couldn't have been happier!  Easy to work with and a panel cut perfectly.  His web site has comments about costs and what he can and cannot do.  His price for a complete design and cutout is pretty cheap but if you provide the DXF of your design, it is even less (quite a bit less if my panel was a good example).  I strongly suggest you contact him for a quote.  I suspect you will be pleasantly surprised.  The only thing he does not do is countersinks - but if you have built a plane to the point you need a panel, I am sure you can do those...

Up North Aviation

CNC Instrument Panel Fabrication
WEB           www.upnorthaviation.com
FaceBook    www.facebook.com/upnorthaviation
E-Mail         upnorthaviation(at)gmail.com

Dick Tasker

Rickifly wrote:

Quote:
I am using the basic student edition of Solidworks. I may invest in the full version if I keep modeling in 3D. It is very easy to learn and now I want a new graphics card and more processors, for those realistic looking models. I completed my first parts in 3D for the airplane: the Panel and the GRT Sport EFIS.  And was able to send the Avionics Panel with cutouts modeled part drawing to EMachineShop for a quote.  They accept Solidworks modeled parts without converting them to a step file or machine file.  

- The Matronics AeroElectric-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?AeroElectric-List

EMACHINEPANELRFQ_320046.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  EMACHINEPANELRFQ_320046.pdf
 Filesize:  48.94 KB
 Downloaded:  191 Time(s)

PANEL3Dr1.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  PANEL3Dr1.pdf
 Filesize:  205.83 KB
 Downloaded:  166 Time(s)

PANEL3Dr1.DWG
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  PANEL3Dr1.DWG
 Filesize:  24.85 KB
 Downloaded:  158 Time(s)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> AeroElectric-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: