Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Slickstart Current Draw update

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> AeroElectric-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike(at)vision499.com

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:46 am    Post subject: Slickstart Current Draw update Reply with quote

Hello,

Awhile back I mentioned my Slickstart unit that needed a 10amp fuse to operate whereas the factory recommended fuse is 5 amp and current draw from other users is much less.

The unit is installed on a LOM engine and was unused when I bought it locally, the previous owner bought it for a project that never happened. Other LOM users have reported no problems.

I sent the unit back to the Champion Aerospace and they reported that the unit was manufactured in 1997 and that they tested it numerous times and found nothing wrong.

I enquired how they test it and this is what they replied

“Mike, The ATP is a computer test of internal circuitry and output energy and tests all the internals, none of these parts should deteriorate with age.”

Could someone with more insight please advise if I should accept this or should I ask them to test it under “real” conditions

Thanks

Mike

Virus-free. www.avast.com [url=#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2] [/url]

- The Matronics AeroElectric-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?AeroElectric-List
nuckolls.bob(at)aeroelect

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:11 pm    Post subject: Slickstart Current Draw update Reply with quote

Quote:

“Mike, The ATP is a computer test of internal circuitry and output energy and tests all the internals, none of these parts should deteriorate with age.”

Could someone with more insight please advise if I should accept this or should I ask them to test it under “real” conditions

Thanks

Mike

Slick has been building these things for decades.
Don't know about their design and test policies
but the goal of an ATP is to confirm performance
to specs. Without seeing their test documentation,
we cannot know if it falls short of being 'real'
but I'd bet it's a rigorous test.

Bob . . .

Un impeachable logic: George Carlin asked, "If black boxes
survive crashes, why don't they make the whole airplane
out of that stuff?"

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

mikepienaar09(at)gmail.co

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:45 pm    Post subject: Slickstart Current Draw update Reply with quote

Thanks for the help, I will keep you updated

Keep well

Mike

From: owner-aeroelectric-list-server(at)matronics.com <owner-aeroelectric-list-server(at)matronics.com> On Behalf Of Robert L. Nuckolls, III
Sent: November 24, 2020 4:06 PM
To: aeroelectric-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Re: Slickstart Current Draw update
Quote:

Thanks

Mike

Slick has been building these things for decades.
Don't know about their design and test policies
  but the goal of an ATP is to confirm performance
to specs. Without seeing their test documentation,
we cannot know if it falls short of being 'real'
but I'd bet it's a rigorous test.

Bob . . .

Un impeachable logic: George Carlin asked, "If black boxes
survive crashes, why don't they make the whole airplane
out of that stuff?"
Virus-free. www.avast.com [url=#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2] [/url]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> AeroElectric-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: