Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Z16 and three position switch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> AeroElectric-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wdaniell.longport(at)gmai

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:49 am    Post subject: Z16 and three position switch Reply with quote

Some of you will remember that I had two switches one for bat and one for ALT on my Z16 because I couldn't obtain a 3 position switch in Colombia where I built my Europa.   I always operated the switches BAT only only and Bat ON/ALT ON but never BAT off ALT on.
I also reported that every so often the amp reading on my dynon skyview would rise steadily up and off the chart at which point the red X would appear.  Subsequently the amp reading would reappear and would fall from 72 down to normal (7-10 depending on the load) and remain steady thereafter.  Volts remain stable at 13.8 throughout the rise and fall of the amps.
The Skyview is stock using the Dynon Shunt and the Z16 is stock apart from the two switches.  
I have a Hall Effect sensor with a separate display on the + wire to the battery and this remains within what one would expect 4-5A after start up and then falling to low Amp once the battery has recharged.
In the light of this and the absence of exciting sparks and smoke during the last 200 hours I therefore assumed that this must be some sort of Dynon glitch.  
I had on my list of things to do to check on the Amp reading by an independent instrument. 
So here is the question:  I have now installed the 3 position switch recommended by Bob instead of the two separate switches and the problem has not recurred.  Any thoughts?
William Daniell

LONGPORT

+1 786 878 0246

- The Matronics AeroElectric-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?AeroElectric-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> AeroElectric-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: