Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GRT Autopilot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Lightning-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stephenbehn(at)bigpond.co

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 6:35 pm    Post subject: GRT Autopilot Reply with quote

Hello,
I am just setting up my GRT autopilot in my Lightning. Adjusting servo gains. Roll is ok but cannot seem to get the aircraft to stop oscillating in pitch without reducing the servo gain to a very low value. Can anyone with a GRT system let me know the gain and damping settings they are using to get me started.
Thanks
Steve

- The Matronics Lightning-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Lightning-List
davemcc

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 5:33 am    Post subject: GRT Autopilot Reply with quote

Hi SteveWhen I installed my auto pilot in my Esqual I had the same problem and my fix was to have a slight down trim applied while in auto pilot . I still love the Esqual and fly it often.
Dave from Minnesota
Quote:
On May 13, 2020, at 9:33 PM, <stephenbehn(at)bigpond.com (stephenbehn(at)bigpond.com)> <stephenbehn(at)bigpond.com (stephenbehn(at)bigpond.com)> wrote:
Hello,
I am just setting up my GRT autopilot in my Lightning. Adjusting servo gains. Roll is ok but cannot seem to get the aircraft to stop oscillating in pitch without reducing the servo gain to a very low value. Can anyone with a GRT system let me know the gain and damping settings they are using to get me started.
Thanks
Steve

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

rmurrill(at)cox.net

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 7:33 am    Post subject: GRT Autopilot Reply with quote

I cannot answer your question but, I am cautiously exploring the autopilot settings in my new to me Lightning and can forward the existing settings in my GRT this weekend. I have not activated in flight so have no idea of how well the gain and damping parameters perform...

Bob

boblana(at)sbcglobal.net

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 8:57 am    Post subject: GRT Autopilot Reply with quote

I still have not got it right. I would appreciate any input.
Bob
On Thursday, May 14, 2020, 08:38:31 AM PDT, Bob <rmurrill(at)cox.net> wrote:

I cannot answer your question but, I am cautiously exploring the autopilot settings in my new to me Lightning and can forward the existing settings in my GRT this weekend. I have not activated in flight so have no idea of how well the gain and damping parameters perform...

Bob

n5pb(at)AOL.COM

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 11:18 am    Post subject: GRT Autopilot Reply with quote

I have the Tru Trak autopilot set up with my GRT. I can check to see what I have for the gain and dampening settings, if it will help. I'll be at the airport tomorrow and can check.

also, you might check with GRT directly. They are pretty good at answering those questions.
Regards,
Bear
N82PB

--

Clouddodger

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 5:55 pm    Post subject: GRT Autopilot Reply with quote

What aircraft is the GRT in? When setting up the pitch you really need another set of hands to remove the effect of gravity on the elevators. Read the test manual carefully. 
Rick
On Wed, May 13, 2020, 9:36 PM <stephenbehn(at)bigpond.com (stephenbehn(at)bigpond.com)> wrote:

Quote:
Hello,
Thanks
Steve

davemcc

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 6:14 pm    Post subject: GRT Autopilot Reply with quote

Quote:
On May 14, 2020, at 8:31 AM, dave mccorquodale <corky(at)hbci.com (corky(at)hbci.com)> wrote:
Hi SteveWhen I installed my auto pilot in my Esqual I had the same problem and my fix was to have a slight down trim applied while in auto pilot . I still love the Esqual and fly it often.
Dave from Minnesota
Quote:
On May 13, 2020, at 9:33 PM, <stephenbehn(at)bigpond.com (stephenbehn(at)bigpond.com)> <stephenbehn(at)bigpond.com (stephenbehn(at)bigpond.com)> wrote:
Hello,
Thanks
Steve

n5pb(at)AOL.COM

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 10:08 am    Post subject: GRT Autopilot Reply with quote

Steve,
As mentioned earlier, I have a TruTrak autopilot in my Lightning with the GRT avionics EFIS, so the TruTrak set up is different.

If you have the GRT Autopilot, I would go to the GRT website. They have the installation and set up instructions there.

www.grtavionics.com

go to the "Support" drop down menu, click on the "EFIS manuals and Software" from that drop down window, go to "Autopilot". From there click on the "GRT Autopilot Installation and Set up".

Hope this helps.

Bear
N82PB

--

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Lightning-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: