Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1993 Oshkosh Grand Champion Kolb MKIII For Sale

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jhauck36(at)outlook.com

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:39 am    Post subject: 1993 Oshkosh Grand Champion Kolb MKIII For Sale Reply with quote

Hi Kolbers:

An era has come to an end. After flying 51 years, most of it in Homer Kolb's aircraft, I have decided to stop flying. The Gantt Farm where I have flown and kept my airplanes for 35 years is being sold. I no longer have a home for Miss P'fer, my Kolb MKIII.

My 1992 Kolb MKIII, 1993 Oshkosh Grand Champion Light Plane, is for sale.

Powered by a Rotax 912ULS, 817.0 hours.

Airframe 3,386.1 hours.

New WARP Drive 3 blade prop with spinner and 4" prop extension.

8X6 Airtrac Tires and Tubes.

6" Maule tail wheel.

25 gal aluminum fuel tank.

Dual controls (the first on a Kolb, designed and fabricated by Jim Hauck and Seth Mathews).

Extra heavy duty main landing gear (designed and fabricated by Jim Hauck, recently upgraded by Kolb Aircraft).

MATCO wheels and brakes with 3/4" axles and tapered roller bearings (not 5/8" ball bearings).

STOL Speed VGs on wings and horizontal stabilizers installed 3 years ago.

BRS ballistic recovery parachute (well out of date). Completely mounted inside the center section out of the air stream and weather.

An accumulation of spare parts and accessories will go with the aircraft to include ANR headset operated off aircraft 12VDC power and ICOM hand held radio mounted in aircraft.

The aircraft has not flown in a couple years. It will need some refurbishing:

-New Lexan for windshield and doors.

-Some wiring needs replacement.

-One nylon brake line needs replacement.

-I have new seat covers to install.

-1/16" cable on pitch trim needs replacement.

I have flown this aircraft all over the US, Canada, and Alaska, with a quick jaunt over the border into Mexico, three flights to Alaska as far north as Point Barrow and Tuktoyaktuk, Northwest Territory, Canada, to include a true circumnavigation of the Continental US. Too many cross continent flights to count. It has gotten me there and got me home safely. This is a true STOL cross country aircraft. Cruises 80-85 mph depending on load. Fuselage fully enclosed with 25 gal aluminum fuel tank mounted high with an ample cargo compartment for your gear below. Additional storage in the nose pod and behind and under the seats.

Asking $21,000.00 or best offer. I will work with you. I need to sell this aircraft ASAP. Sold as is.

John Hauck
MKIII
Titus, Alabama
334-315-2621

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
gdhelton(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:29 am    Post subject: 1993 Oshkosh Grand Champion Kolb MKIII For Sale Reply with quote

Hello, John. I’m sorry to hear that come time to part company with your MkIII. Thanks sharing you knowledge and adventures with us over the years.George Helton
Original Firestar, Hirth 2702
Mesick, Michigan
gdhelton(at)gmail.com

Sent from my iPhone

Quote:
On Dec 23, 2019, at 7:42 AM, John Hauck <jhauck36(at)outlook.com> wrote:

Hi Kolbers:

An era has come to an end. After flying 51 years, most of it in Homer Kolb's aircraft, I have decided to stop flying. The Gantt Farm where I have flown and kept my airplanes for 35 years is being sold. I no longer have a home for Miss P'fer, my Kolb MKIII.

Powered by a Rotax 912ULS, 817.0 hours.

Airframe 3,386.1 hours.

New WARP Drive 3 blade prop with spinner and 4" prop extension.

8X6 Airtrac Tires and Tubes.

6" Maule tail wheel.

25 gal aluminum fuel tank.

Dual controls (the first on a Kolb, designed and fabricated by Jim Hauck and Seth Mathews).

Extra heavy duty main landing gear (designed and fabricated by Jim Hauck, recently upgraded by Kolb Aircraft).

MATCO wheels and brakes with 3/4" axles and tapered roller bearings (not 5/8" ball bearings).

STOL Speed VGs on wings and horizontal stabilizers installed 3 years ago.

BRS ballistic recovery parachute (well out of date). Completely mounted inside the center section out of the air stream and weather.

An accumulation of spare parts and accessories will go with the aircraft to include ANR headset operated off aircraft 12VDC power and ICOM hand held radio mounted in aircraft.

The aircraft has not flown in a couple years. It will need some refurbishing:

-New Lexan for windshield and doors.

-Some wiring needs replacement.

-One nylon brake line needs replacement.

-I have new seat covers to install.

-1/16" cable on pitch trim needs replacement.

I have flown this aircraft all over the US, Canada, and Alaska, with a quick jaunt over the border into Mexico, three flights to Alaska as far north as Point Barrow and Tuktoyaktuk, Northwest Territory, Canada, to include a true circumnavigation of the Continental US. Too many cross continent flights to count. It has gotten me there and got me home safely. This is a true STOL cross country aircraft. Cruises 80-85 mph depending on load. Fuselage fully enclosed with 25 gal aluminum fuel tank mounted high with an ample cargo compartment for your gear below. Additional storage in the nose pod and behind and under the seats.

Asking $21,000.00 or best offer. I will work with you. I need to sell this aircraft ASAP. Sold as is.

John Hauck
MKIII
Titus, Alabama
334-315-2621

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
russk50(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:05 pm    Post subject: 1993 Oshkosh Grand Champion Kolb MKIII For Sale Reply with quote

John, sorry to hear you have to give up Miss P’fer. End of an era!Your trips have been an inspiration to all pilots, everywhere.Fair winds always
Russ K
Quote:
On Dec 23, 2019, at 7:

Quote:
28 AM, George Helton <gdhelton(at)gmail.com (gdhelton(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
Hello, John. I’m sorry to hear that come time to part company with your MkIII. Thanks sharing you knowledge and adventures with us over the years.George Helton
Original Firestar, Hirth 2702
Mesick, Michigan
gdhelton(at)gmail.com (gdhelton(at)gmail.com)Sent from my iPhone
Quote:
On Dec 23, 2019, at 7:42 AM, John Hauck <jhauck36(at)outlook.com (jhauck36(at)outlook.com)> wrote:Hi Kolbers: