Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Do I need an inspection hole with Mod 10303?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rparigoris

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:41 pm    Post subject: Do I need an inspection hole with Mod 10303? Reply with quote

Hi Group

I just completed Europa Club Useful Mod 10303 Flap Pin Guide on my Mono XS and it works great. Pay no attention to position of spherical bearing, just push wing in place and like magic all is great.

Kudos to Mr. Bishop.

Question: Do I need a hole on the top of Flap Root to inspect and see if Flap Drive Tube is engaged?

Ron P.

Hints for anyone wanting to do this Mod: I turned one side of the alignment spigot (.003") less than the OD of my Flap Cross Drive Tube. When I fabricated Profiled Guide Ring (out of 7075 aluminium), I bored till my Spigot barely slid in place when Ring was about 100F from turning. I scuff sanded ID of ring and OD of Flap Drive tube, heated Ring with heat gun and Loctite 638 in place. I turned a scrap of aluminium to act as a install tool with pocket for spherical bearing. The ring is not going anywhere anytime soon.

- The Matronics Europa-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
Paul M 383

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:47 am    Post subject: Re: Do I need an inspection hole with Mod 10303? Reply with quote

rparigoris wrote:
Hi Group

... Mod 10303 Flap Pin Guide on my Mono XS ...

Question: Do I need a hole on the top of Flap Root to inspect and see if Flap Drive Tube is engaged?

Ron P.

Note 4 on the Mod sheet reads “Half of observation window remains in flap closeout” so I’d guess it was written to be fitted after the flap closeout was built and the inspection hole fitted.

The implication being the hole is still there, but now half blocked by the guide cone. The hole, filled with a perspex window, is visible in the top drawings.

HTH,

Paul M

- The Matronics Europa-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List

357255CB-4D91-4420-AB08-33964841E20A.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  157.08 KB
 Viewed:  2323 Time(s)

357255CB-4D91-4420-AB08-33964841E20A.png

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: