Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How Many Hour's have Pulsar Builders logged on the Rotax 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Pulsar-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ronko(at)att.net

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:23 am    Post subject: How Many Hour's have Pulsar Builders logged on the Rotax 5 Reply with quote

James,
The biggest issue was the bed mount, rubber spacers had to be different. I believe it may have had to do with going from a B gear box to a C gear box. The installation alignment we did have to get a slightly shorter set of rubber spacers. Also at the same time the wooden prop was replaced with an IVO 2-blade medium which I had to shim to keep the spinner to cowling spacing to a minimum.  Overall, a few surprises that I should have expected, but everything had a straight forward solution.
We also inverted one of the cooling hoses that is routed from the top of the engine to the rear and around to the front (because of the electric starter). It was not a problem. The hose fits either orientation.
A couple of years ago, I rehosed all of the cooling hoses with reinforced silicon hoses. The silicon hoses can tolerate a wider temperature range and are suppose to have a longer life. I did not purchase any silicon elbows, but was able to route the hoses such that the bends were wide enough to not link the silicon hoses. A couple areas I just simply added a stainless steel hose clamp to insure the hose would stay round and not kink at higher temperatures. Silicon is significantly more expensive than rubber, but compared to the cost of the bent to fit Rotax hoses, it was way lower cost.
Sorry to hear about the long wait to get your engine back from CPS.
Best regards,
Ronko

On Wednesday, April 3, 2019, 8:55:19 PM CDT, mike mccann <mvmccann(at)gmail.com> wrote:

Ronko, I'm still flying with a grey head (800 hours). Did you have to do any modification to the blue head to make it fit in the Pulsar?
Separately, my grey head is at California Power Systems for a 300 overhaul. Four weeks and waiting. I've called a couple times, only response has been "they'll start on it in a day or two". Really disappointed with the service after Aircraft Spruce bought CPS. Used to be a big CPS fan. Times change....

Best, Mike McCann. Pulsar1-582
On Wed, Apr 3, 2019 at 8:59 AM Ronald Koval <ronko(at)att.net (ronko(at)att.net)> wrote:
Quote:

James,

I got 405 hours on my 582 mod 99 (blue head). I didn't build my Puslar, but since ownership (when I bought it with about 70 total hours).

I had the used gray head engine replaced, and I added a gascolator, auxiliary electric fuel pump, and a fuel totalizer (my capacitive level devise is not very reliable). I also had to fuss with the engine over heating in the hot summer days, by adding baffling material from the radiators to the cowl air openings to get temperatures under control (to much air flow went around the radiators and not through the radiators). Also modified the engine mount that has the exhaust piped too close (smoked the original wooden block). Replaced block with stronger Baltic Birch plywood with a bigger air gap to resolve baking the mounting.

Also I fly with iridium spark plugs.  Far less build up on the electrodes. Regular plugs I was cleaning less than every 10 hours. Iridiums stay clean in excess of 25 hours.

I hope this of some help.

Best regards,

Ronko

On Tuesday, April 2, 2019, 2:10:08 PM CDT, Yellowhammer <coyler(at)sthpk-12.net (coyler(at)sthpk-12.net)> wrote:

--> Pulsar-List message posted by: "Yellowhammer" <coyler(at)sthpk-12.net (coyler(at)sthpk-12.net)>

Dear Pulsar Members,

I am curious to know just how many hours those of you that have operated the Rotax 582 engine you have logged?

I am trying to get inkling of just how reliable the engine is from a Pulsar Builder, Owner, or Pilot's perspective.

Thank you ladies and gentleman in advance!

James M."Clyde" Oyler
Yellowhammer

--------
J.M. Oyler &quot;Clyde&quot;

Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=488461#488461

List" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/Navigatorsp;   - MATRONICS WEB FORUMS -
http://wiki.matr========================http://www.matronics.com/contribution

- The Matronics Pulsar-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Pulsar-List
Yellowhammer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:04 am    Post subject: Re: How Many Hour's have Pulsar Builders logged on the Rot Reply with quote

Mr. Ronko,

Many thanks for the information sir.

I have not purchase my engine yet and was wondering what is the best gear box to use. If I recall there is an A,B,or C gear box selection for the 582 or am I mistaken?

Additionally,
If you or anyone knows where the best place to do business with to buy a 582 Rotax your input will be most appreciative.

Thanks

James M. "Clyde" Oyler

- The Matronics Pulsar-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Pulsar-List

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Pulsar-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: