Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Noise cancelling headsets , do you wear them in a CJ or Yak

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hill(at)doctor-hill.com

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:49 am    Post subject: Noise cancelling headsets , do you wear them in a CJ or Yak Reply with quote

The ANR feature of the Bose A20 works as well, or even better than the custom molded military earpieces I used to use with a standard ANR system. The Bose A20 installed into the Lift AV-1 KOR helmet is an amazing combination. Have only heard praise from Bose A20 users who fly the CJ and/or the Yak.

Warren Hill
N464TW
Mesa, AZ
Quote:
On Feb 22, 2019, at 8:29 AM, motoadve <motoadve(at)racsa.co.cr> wrote:

I tried the Lightspeeds, Zulu 3 , and then the Bose A 20s.
If I turn on the ANR is too loud and noisy, I can barely hear anything above the noise, only way to be able to hear is with ANR turned off.

Anyone else experienced this?

--------
www.Backcountry182.com
Cessna 182 P
CJ -6

Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=487737#487737

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
Rob737998

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: Noise cancelling headsets , do you wear them in a CJ or Reply with quote

I have a set of Bose A20’s I have used in my Yak 52. I have to say with the ANR switched on I couldn’t get on with them. They made the radial engine sound like it had dumped all the oil in it overboard. I kept having to pull the ear cup off my ear to make sure the engine was sounding right.

In the end I have reverted back to my David Clark’s which work well. The Bose have become a very expensive headset for my passengers. I made a complaint to Bose who responded back in saying that they had received a few similiar complaints. They admitted that there headsets would not suit every type of aircrafts particular engine harmonics.

I really would like to try a set of Lightspeed Zulu headsets in the YAK. I think Lightspeed are offering your money back if you are happy. I will give them a try and report back.

I would be interested if other Yak pilots have experienced the same when using a Bose A20.

My advice would be to try a headset before you buy if you can.

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

LawnDart

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:46 am    Post subject: Re: Noise cancelling headsets , do you wear them in a CJ or Reply with quote

[quote="Rob737998"]
I would be interested if other Yak pilots have experienced the same when using a Bose A20.
[/quote]
Yes, I had a similar experience. After flying my 52 for many years, I could not get use to (or trust) the muted sound. Same as you, the A20 went to the rear cockpit and I returned to my DC.

motoadve

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: Noise cancelling headsets , do you wear them in a CJ or Reply with quote

I have tried Lightspeeds Zulu 3, Bose A 20s and Bose model prior to A 20s, of all this the older Bose worked the best.

Yesterday flew with Clarity Aloft eadsets and no problems at all, so for now I am keeping using this.

jay-dub

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Noise cancelling headsets , do you wear them in a CJ or Reply with quote

I use CEP-USA in-ear plugs with custom ear molds inside an Alpha Eagle dome, they are almost as effective in my HGU. I much prefer them to ANR in the CJ and Yak.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: