Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
BBS Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists
 
 Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Availability of AECxxxx components

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> AeroElectric-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
roughleg(at)gmail.com
Guest





PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:17 am    Post subject: Availability of AECxxxx components Reply with quote

Hi everyone, maybe Bob N. In The Aeroelectric Connection (book) there are numerous references to parts numbered AECxxxx (e.g. the one I am interested in at the moment is AEC9030-1 a solid-state relay). I see data sheets for these on aeroelectric.com but I am having difficulty finding a source. Are these in production? Available used? Scarce as hen's teeth? 

Pat Little


- The Matronics AeroElectric-List Email Forum -
 

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?AeroElectric-List
Back to top
nuckolls.bob(at)aeroelect
Guest





PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:33 am    Post subject: Availability of AECxxxx components Reply with quote

At 02:16 PM 9/25/2018, you wrote:
Quote:
Hi everyone, maybe Bob N. In The Aeroelectric Connection (book) there are numerous references to parts numbered AECxxxx (e.g. the one I am interested in at the moment is AEC9030-1 a solid-state relay). I see data sheets for these on aeroelectric.com but I am having difficulty finding a source. Are these in production? Available used? Scarce as hen's teeth?
Pat Little

I built a few of those and they were
proof-of-concept tested in a few
airplanes . . . but there weren't
enough perceived applications for
these to warrant putting them
into production.

How do you think you might use one?



Bob . . .


- The Matronics AeroElectric-List Email Forum -
 

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?AeroElectric-List
Back to top
roughleg(at)gmail.com
Guest





PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:32 pm    Post subject: Availability of AECxxxx components Reply with quote

Hi Bob,
I am planning the electrical system for a Zenith STOL CH750 with Jabiru 3300. A Dynon EMS-D120 will display engine parameters - oil pressure, temp, etc. Obviously we want the engine monitor to be there after start to display oil pressure and so on. We have tested it (the EMS-D120) on the bench and it stays alive with reduced input voltage down to about 5.5V so it probably will be OK; however, if it turns out later that we do need a brownout battery (à la Z-10/Cool then I would like to have made provision for it when building the electrical system by adding a few extra wires and making sure there was room for the battery and relay. I was thinking the AEC9030-1 would be my choice for the relay.
Is there an alternative solid-state relay you could recommend?
Pat

On Wed, Sep 26, 2018 at 6:38 AM Robert L. Nuckolls, III <nuckolls.bob(at)aeroelectric.com (nuckolls.bob(at)aeroelectric.com)> wrote:

Quote:
At 02:16 PM 9/25/2018, you wrote:
Quote:
Hi everyone, maybe Bob N. In The Aeroelectric Connection (book) there are numerous references to parts numbered AECxxxx (e.g. the one I am interested in at the moment is AEC9030-1 a solid-state relay). I see data sheets for these on aeroelectric.com but I am having difficulty finding a source. Are these in production? Available used? Scarce as hen's teeth?Â
Pat Little

  I built a few of those and they were
  proof-of-concept tested in a few
  airplanes . . . but there weren't
  enough perceived applications for
  these to warrant putting them
  into production.

  How do you think you might use one?



  Bob . . .


- The Matronics AeroElectric-List Email Forum -
 

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?AeroElectric-List
Back to top
nuckolls.bob(at)aeroelect
Guest





PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:46 pm    Post subject: Availability of AECxxxx components Reply with quote

At 03:32 PM 9/26/2018, you wrote:
Quote:
Hi Bob,

I am planning the electrical system for a Zenith STOL CH750 with Jabiru 3300. A Dynon EMS-D120 will display engine parameters - oil pressure, temp, etc. Obviously we want the engine monitor to be there after start to display oil pressure and so on. We have tested it (the EMS-D120) on the bench and it stays alive with reduced input voltage down to about 5.5V so it probably will be OK; however, if it turns out later that we do need a brownout battery ( la Z-10/Cool then I would like to have made provision for it when building the electrical system by adding a few extra wires and making sure there was room for the battery and relay. I was thinking the AEC9030-1 would be my choice for the relay.

Is there an alternative solid-state relay you could recommend?

Yeah . . . the next-generation of Z-13 is going to
illustrate a $10, all cases solution to the
various brown-out scenarios that have plagued
our brothers now for years.

Had two round trips to Wichita yesterday and
had a lot of 'asphalt engineering' time
to ponder some options. I'll be publishing
the idea in then next few days. I've really
been trying to avoid adding any sort of battery
to a system that needs a little bit of help
for mere seconds per flight cycle . . . I
think I've got one figured out.



Bob . . .


- The Matronics AeroElectric-List Email Forum -
 

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?AeroElectric-List
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> AeroElectric-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group