Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

fuel pressure sensor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> AeroElectric-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kenryan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:22 am    Post subject: fuel pressure sensor Reply with quote

I have a fuel pressure sender -- UMA N1EU07D -- for my Rotax 914. It is a differential sensor that senses fuel pressure and airbox pressure, and reports the difference.

The wiring that comes with the sensor is a 3 wire shielded pigtail that is about a foot long. The 3 wires are 12v power, ground and signal.
To connect this to my Dynon Skyview EMS module I will need to strip it back a few inches in order to accommodate a 37 pin plug, leaving about 8 inches of shielded bundle running from the sensor housing to the 37 pin plug. None of the wires on the pre-made Dynon harness are shielded. The Dynon manual makes no mention of utilizing the shield.
The shielded wire would only be about 8 inches long, or less, from the sensor to the 37 pin plug. The remainder of the run (approximately 18 inches) is unshielded.
I cannot see any reason to utilize the shield that comes with the sensor. Am I correct?

Thanks,
Ken

- The Matronics AeroElectric-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?AeroElectric-List
nuckolls.bob(at)aeroelect

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:37 am    Post subject: fuel pressure sensor Reply with quote

At 11:21 AM 1/22/2018, you wrote:
Quote:
I have a fuel pressure sender -- UMAÂ N1EU07D -- for my Rotax 914. It is a differential sensor that senses fuel pressure and airbox pressure, and reports the difference.

The wiring that comes with the sensor is a 3 wire shielded pigtail that is about a foot long. The 3 wires are 12v power, ground and signal.

To connect this to my Dynon Skyview EMS module I will need to strip it back a few inches in order to accommodate a 37 pin plug, leaving about 8 inches of shielded bundle running from the sensor housing to the 37 pin plug. None of the wires on the pre-made Dynon harness are shielded. The Dynon manual makes no mention of utilizing the shield.

The shielded wire would only be about 8 inches long, or less, from the sensor to the 37 pin plug. The remainder of the run (approximately 18 inches) is unshielded.

I cannot see any reason to utilize the shield that comes with the sensor. Am I correct?

No reason to think otherwise . . . these
signals are generally not vulnerable to
electrostatically coupled antagonists . . .
further, it's unlikely that any such antagonists
will be found sharing the wire bundles.

I think you can move ahead . . .

Bob . . .

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

ashleysc(at)broadstripe.n

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:19 am    Post subject: fuel pressure sensor Reply with quote

HiKen;
HiAll;
I am going to go way out on a limb here: I have a different fuel pressure sender, that is not shielded, provided by Swift that also makes gauges. There is a possibility that your manufacturer only used shielded wire because of its durability. Presuming that you have already tried to talk with the manufacturer and gotten no joy, I would try it without shielding the remainder of the run and see what happens. If that fails, you can buy shielding in flattened tubes that can be put over the unshielded bundle, connected to the sensor shield and grounded at the far end. I have some extra 3/8" ID if you want to give it a try; no charge.
Cheers! Stu.
To: aeroelectric-list(at)matronics.com
Sent: Monday, January 22, 2018 9:21:24 AM
Subject: fuel pressure sensor
I have a fuel pressure sender -- UMA N1EU07D -- for my Rotax 914. It is a differential sensor that senses fuel pressure and airbox pressure, and reports the difference.

Thanks,
Ken

kenryan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:56 am    Post subject: fuel pressure sensor Reply with quote

Thanks everybody.

On Mon, Jan 22, 2018 at 8:39 AM, <ashleysc(at)broadstripe.net (ashleysc(at)broadstripe.net)> wrote:
Quote:
HiKen;
HiAll;
I am going to go way out on a limb here: I have a different fuel pressure sender, that is not shielded, provided by Swift that also makes gauges. There is a possibility that your manufacturer only used shielded wire because of its durability. Presuming that you have already tried to talk with the manufacturer and gotten no joy, I would try it without shielding the remainder of the run and see what happens. If that fails, you can buy shielding in flattened tubes that can be put over the unshielded bundle, connected to the sensor shield and grounded at the far end. I have some extra 3/8" ID if you want to give it a try; no charge.
Cheers!   Stu.
From: "Ken Ryan" <keninalaska(at)gmail.com (keninalaska(at)gmail.com)>
To: aeroelectric-list(at)matronics.com (aeroelectric-list(at)matronics.com)
Sent: Monday, January 22, 2018 9:21:24 AM
Subject: AeroElectric-List: fuel pressure sensor
I have a fuel pressure sender -- UMA N1EU07D -- for my Rotax 914. It is a differential sensor that senses fuel pressure and airbox pressure, and reports the difference.

Thanks,
Ken

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> AeroElectric-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: