Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Constructing an automatic RCA video camera feed splitter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> AeroElectric-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alec(at)alecmyers.com

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:29 am    Post subject: Constructing an automatic RCA video camera feed splitter Reply with quote

Hi Eric

what would work best for me is a prototype board mounted with a PIC ready for ICSP, but without the video chip, so that I can solder some test parts onto it. I don’t have any video sources or screens so when I’ve verified the PIC works I can send it back to you to check out the video.

On Dec 2, 2017, at 21:30, Eric Page <edpav8r(at)yahoo.com> wrote:

Beautiful. It looks like our mux design with a single positive supply should work fine. I'll get the ball rolling on a prototype, which I'll send to Alec to stuff with a programmed PIC.

Alec: Should I add a couple of PIC12F683s to my parts order, or do you already have them on hand?

Eric

Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=476066#476066

- The Matronics AeroElectric-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?AeroElectric-List
Eric Page

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Constructing an automatic RCA video camera feed splitter Reply with quote

alec(at)alecmyers.com wrote:
What would work best for me is a prototype board mounted with a PIC ready for ICSP, but without the video chip, so that I can solder some test parts onto it. I don’t have any video sources or screens so when I’ve verified the PIC works I can send it back to you to check out the video.

Sounds good; that's what I'll do.

I'm going to order parts first, as I want to measure the inside of the D-Sub backshell before I order PCBs. After looking at the 3D models of the backshell and PCB together, I don't think it's going to fit. It looks like the pin headers will be too tall and the PIC won't be able to be socketed. I'd like to use a right-angle DB-25 connector to lower the board and gain more vertical space, but there are only a few available with flanges to fit a backshell, and those start at $10.60 ea., versus $0.64 for the solder cup versions. Stay tuned...

Eric

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

alec(at)alecmyers.com

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:26 pm    Post subject: Constructing an automatic RCA video camera feed splitter Reply with quote

why would you want to socket the PIC?

On Dec 3, 2017, at 17:10, Eric Page <edpav8r(at)yahoo.com> wrote:

alec(at)alecmyers.com wrote:
Quote:
What would work best for me is a prototype board mounted with a PIC ready for ICSP, but without the video chip, so that I can solder some test parts onto it. I don’t have any video sources or screens so when I’ve verified the PIC works I can send it back to you to check out the video.

Sounds good; that's what I'll do.

I'm going to order parts first, as I want to measure the inside of the D-Sub backshell before I order PCBs. After looking at the 3D models of the backshell and PCB together, I don't think it's going to fit. It looks like the pin headers will be too tall and the PIC won't be able to be socketed. I'd like to use a right-angle DB-25 connector to lower the board and gain more vertical space, but there are only a few available with flanges to fit a backshell, and those start at $10.60 ea., versus $0.64 for the solder cup versions. Stay tuned...

Eric

Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=476074#476074

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> AeroElectric-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: