Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Constructing an automatic RCA video camera feed splitter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> AeroElectric-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nuckolls.bob(at)aeroelect

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:49 am    Post subject: Constructing an automatic RCA video camera feed splitter Reply with quote

Got a peek at the video out of the $7 camera. They sent
me a PAL as opposed to NTSC but there's no reqason to believe
the outputs are not similarly organized.

the outpout is DC stable with negative tip of sync
clamped about 20mv above ground. Video output into
75 ohm load is 1v pk-pk.

[img]cid:7.1.0.9.0.20171202104548.0573d0a8(at)aeroelectric.com.0[/img]

Bob . . .

- The Matronics AeroElectric-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?AeroElectric-List

a4c4ea2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  125.43 KB
 Viewed:  3468 Time(s)

a4c4ea2.jpg

Eric Page

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Constructing an automatic RCA video camera feed splitter Reply with quote

Beautiful. It looks like our mux design with a single positive supply should work fine. I'll get the ball rolling on a prototype, which I'll send to Alec to stuff with a programmed PIC.

Alec: Should I add a couple of PIC12F683s to my parts order, or do you already have them on hand?

Eric

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

nuckolls.bob(at)aeroelect

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:18 am    Post subject: Constructing an automatic RCA video camera feed splitter Reply with quote

A D-sub housing I've found quite useful is the
956 series devices from NorComp

https://goo.gl/54a6S9

they have an inside height of 0.570 and will allow
you to socket a chip on the far end . . . the board
deflects off centerline by about 0.050

These backshells have a partition that is easily
removed with a pair of duck-bill pliers.

[img]cid:.0[/img]
[img]cid:.1[/img][/b]
I've only used the 15 pin shells . . . I think
the 25 pin devices are of similar configuration.

I use solder-cup connectors. By chamfering the corners
of the end between the pins, it presses between
them quit nicely and fixtures the parts for soldering.

Bob . . .

147cd6e9.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  83.66 KB
 Viewed:  3425 Time(s)

147cd6e9.jpg

147cd737.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  133.52 KB
 Viewed:  3425 Time(s)

147cd737.jpg

Eric Page

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Constructing an automatic RCA video camera feed splitt Reply with quote

nuckolls.bob(at)aeroelect wrote:
A D-sub housing I've found quite useful is the 956 series devices from NorComp. They have an inside height of 0.570 and will allow you to socket a chip on the far end . . . the board deflects off centerline by about 0.050.

Bob, your timing is impeccable. I turned on the computer to order some parts and saw your post. I'll get the 956-series backshell. I was looking at NorComp's 983-series, but yours looks nearly identical for interior volume and is 1/4 the cost.

Once I have the parts I'll do a quick cardboard template of the PCB before I order those, to be sure they'll fit.

Quote:
I use solder-cup connectors. By chamfering the corners of the end between the pins, it presses between them quite nicely and fixtures the parts for soldering.

That's the plan. I looked for a right angle through-hole connector to gain some vertical space, but the ones that will fit a backshell start at >$10 ea.

Eric

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> AeroElectric-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: