Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NavWorx software version

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> AeroElectric-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hilltopkid

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:10 am    Post subject: NavWorx software version Reply with quote

We have a NavWorx ADS600-B box in our not yet flying Sportsman which I’d like to keep. We also have a GTN650, so that can be our position source. I understand that is possible and that at least one person has received an Alternate Method of Compliance approval from the FAA which allows certified Garmin boxes for the position source. However, here is what I’m not sure about. My question is how do I rind the version of the software? And what version must we have in order to fly using the GTN650 as the position source? We sent our box back to Bill Moffitt (no charge, just UPS back and forth) in August 2016 at which point he, I think, installed the GPS chip which we now know is not acceptable to the FAA.

Thanks.

Dee Whittington
Sportsman 7034

- The Matronics AeroElectric-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?AeroElectric-List

recapen(at)earthlink.net

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:43 am    Post subject: NavWorx software version Reply with quote

The NavWorx 4.1 software is the latest one available that I know of - it can no longer be obtained from NavWorx - but it is out there

As for the GTN650 - make sure it supports ADS-B OUT+. You should be able to find it in the serial configuration of the GTN650...or contact Garmin.
--

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

hilltopkid

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:12 pm    Post subject: NavWorx software version Reply with quote

Thanks, Ralph,

So, how do I check the version of our software? As I said in the previous post, we sent our unit back to Bill in late July or early August, 2016. I’d suppose he would have updated the software then as well as installing the GPS chip.

As for our GTN650 supporting ADS-B Out, thought all 650s would be ready for ADS-B. Anyhow, I’ll check with John Stark who sold us the unit, and if he doesn’t know, I’ll get in touch with Garmin.

Dee

[quote] On Nov 8, 2017, at 1:42 PM, Ralph E. Capen <recapen(at)earthlink.net> wrote:

The NavWorx 4.1 software is the latest one available that I know of - it can no longer be obtained from NavWorx - but it is out there

As for the GTN650 - make sure it supports ADS-B OUT+. You should be able to find it in the serial configuration of the GTN650...or contact Garmin.

--

recapen(at)earthlink.net

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:48 pm    Post subject: NavWorx software version Reply with quote

Dee,

For the GTN650, it should display the software rev at startup.

For the ADS600B, connect a serial cable to the maintenance port on the ADS600B - the other end goes in to your computer/laptop/etc. Start the NavWorx UAT console (4.1) and select the correct logical comm port for your computer. It may not connect the first time - so retry another logical comm port. When it connects, it will tell you what software you have or force an upgrade to the 4.1. If it connects directly, it will tell you that it is 4.1 already.

Ralph

--

hilltopkid

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:35 pm    Post subject: NavWorx software version Reply with quote

Thanks,  Ralph, for the help. I'll speak to my partners and get this done. I vaguely remember doing this several years ago. Never thought we'd have to do it again.

Dee

DeWitt (Dee) WhittingtonRichmond, VA
804-677-4849 iPhone
804-358-4333 Home

On Wed, Nov 8, 2017 at 5:46 PM, Ralph E. Capen <recapen(at)earthlink.net (recapen(at)earthlink.net)> wrote:
[quote]--> AeroElectric-List message posted by: "Ralph E. Capen" <recapen(at)earthlink.net (recapen(at)earthlink.net)>

Dee,

For the GTN650, it should display the software rev at startup.

For the ADS600B, connect a serial cable to the maintenance port on the ADS600B - the other end goes in to your computer/laptop/etc.  Start the NavWorx UAT console (4.1) and select the correct logical comm port for your computer.  It may not connect the first time - so retry another logical comm port.  When it connects, it will tell you what software you have or force an upgrade to the 4.1.  If it connects directly, it will tell you that it is 4.1 already.

Ralph

--

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> AeroElectric-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: