Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Aviation related: non electric

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> AeroElectric-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jgamtmann2(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:47 am    Post subject: Aviation related: non electric Reply with quote

This is aviation related but not strictly Aeroelectric.  My friend in Switzerland sent me link from Spiegel Online (german news magazine) with a video about the Horten brothers flying wing, the Ho229.  I can open all videos except the Horten video, a red notice comes up "this video is not available in your country".  Is anyone here on the list enough of a hacker to understand why this is, and is there a way around this?  My father knew one of the Hortens and I would like to watch this video instead of having to travel to Switzerland to view it.

Jürgen

- The Matronics AeroElectric-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?AeroElectric-List
harleydixon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:25 am    Post subject: Aviation related: non electric Reply with quote

I googled "HO 229 video" and received links to several dozen related videos. Could one of these be the one you are looking for?  What is the link you were given...it may be that the server is not available here, and the video is at a different server.

Harley

On 8/31/2017 11:40 AM, Janet Amtmann wrote:

Quote:
This is aviation related but not strictly Aeroelectric.  My friend in Switzerland sent me link from Spiegel Online (german news magazine) with a video about the Horten brothers flying wing, the Ho229.  I can open all videos except the Horten video, a red notice comes up "this video is not available in your country".  Is anyone here on the list enough of a hacker to understand why this is, and is there a way around this?  My father knew one of the Hortens and I would like to watch this video instead of having to travel to Switzerland to view it.

Jürgen

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Long EZ N28EZ
Canandaigua Airport (D38)
Canandaigua, NY
ceengland7(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:53 am    Post subject: Aviation related: non electric Reply with quote

On 8/31/2017 10:40 AM, Janet Amtmann wrote:
Quote:
This is aviation related but not strictly Aeroelectric.  My friend in
Switzerland sent me link from Spiegel Online (german news magazine)
with a video about the Horten brothers flying wing, the Ho229.  I can
open all videos except the Horten video, a red notice comes up "this
video is not available in your country".  Is anyone here on the list
enough of a hacker to understand why this is, and is there a way
around this?  My father knew one of the Hortens and I would like to
watch this video instead of having to travel to Switzerland to view it.

Jürgen
Digital copyrights are often limited to a region or single country. A

common workaround is to subscribe to a VPN (virtual private network)
that's in the region/country of interest. Then the desired site sees you
as being in the same country as the VPN. This is somewhat cumbersome to
set up, though. An easier solution might be to get your friend to
capture the video and email it to you. Or, it might even be available on
youtube or other video site here in this country. It's not uncommon for
a program to have its view ability limited by which 'channel' you're
viewing it on. ex: BBC programming often can't be viewed on the British
BBC website from here in the USA, but you can see the same programming
on BBC USA.

---
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus

wtmills

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:11 am    Post subject: Aviation related: non electric Reply with quote

Jurgen,
Go to the "youtube" web page and enter "Horton brothers flying wing" in the search window. You will find lots of vidis.
Bill
Do not archive
On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 8:40 AM, Janet Amtmann <jgamtmann2(at)gmail.com (jgamtmann2(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
Quote:

Jürgen

millner(at)me.com

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject: Aviation related: non electric Reply with quote

Find a VPN service that. Makes you appear to be in Switzerland... then download the video and share withDad

Sent from my iPhone

Quote:
On Aug 31, 2017, at 8:40 AM, Janet Amtmann <jgamtmann2(at)gmail.com> wrote:

This is aviation related but not strictly Aeroelectric. My friend in Switzerland sent me link from Spiegel Online (german news magazine) with a video about the Horten brothers flying wing, the Ho229. I can open all videos except the Horten video, a red notice comes up "this video is not available in your country". Is anyone here on the list enough of a hacker to understand why this is, and is there a way around this? My father knew one of the Hortens and I would like to watch this video instead of having to travel to Switzerland to view it.

Jürgen

glastar(at)gmx.net

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:34 pm    Post subject: Aviation related: non electric Reply with quote

http://www.spiegel.de/sptv/spiegeltv/horton-229-hitlers-tarnkappenbomber-a-1099173.html

is the article

On 31.08.2017 18:13, Harley Dixon wrote:
Quote:
I googled "HO 229 video" and received links to several dozen related
videos. Could one of these be the one you are looking for?  What is the
link you were given...it may be that the server is not available here,
and the video is at a different server.

Harley
------------------------------------------------------------------------

On 8/31/2017 11:40 AM, Janet Amtmann wrote:
> This is aviation related but not strictly Aeroelectric.  My friend in
> Switzerland sent me link from Spiegel Online (german news magazine)
> with a video about the Horten brothers flying wing, the Ho229.  I can
> open all videos except the Horten video, a red notice comes up "this
> video is not available in your country".  Is anyone here on the list
> enough of a hacker to understand why this is, and is there a way
> around this?  My father knew one of the Hortens and I would like to
> watch this video instead of having to travel to Switzerland to view it.
>
> Jürgen

glastar(at)gmx.net

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:53 pm    Post subject: Aviation related: non electric Reply with quote

Jürgen it is from National Geographic

Produced by Michael Jorgensen & Carrie Gour

Canadian produced in 2009 by Myth Merchant Films
On 31.08.2017 17:40, Janet Amtmann wrote:
Quote:
This is aviation related but not strictly Aeroelectric.  My friend in
Switzerland sent me link from Spiegel Online (german news magazine)
with a video about the Horten brothers flying wing, the Ho229.  I can
open all videos except the Horten video, a red notice comes up "this
video is not available in your country".  Is anyone here on the list
enough of a hacker to understand why this is, and is there a way
around this?  My father knew one of the Hortens and I would like to
watch this video instead of having to travel to Switzerland to view it.

Jürgen

weloveflying

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:57 am    Post subject: Re: Aviation related: non electric Reply with quote

millner(at)me.com wrote:
Find a VPN service that. Makes you appear to be in Switzerland... then download the video and share withDad

Sent from my iPhone

Quote:
On Aug 31, 2017, at 8:40 AM, Janet Amtmann <jgamtmann2> wrote:

This is aviation related but not strictly Aeroelectric. My friend in Switzerland sent me link from Spiegel Online (german news magazine) with a video about the Horten brothers flying wing, the Ho229. I can open all videos except the Horten video, a red notice comes up "this video is not available in your country". Is anyone here on the list enough of a hacker to understand why this is, and is there a way around this? My father knew one of the Hortens and I would like to watch this video instead of having to travel to Switzerland to view it.

Jürgen

+1 for glastar's answer. VPN service is the best way you can get around that. The said service is used by individuals who are looking to access something that is restricted in their country, and as long as you're not doing anything illegal — in this case, there's none — you'll be fine. There are a lot of companies which offer VPN services, and it is recommended to go for paid services rather than free services for security reasons.

You can also consider TOR browser, a browser which lets you browse the web anonymously — I haven't tried using the said browser, so I can't give you details about it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> AeroElectric-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: