Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Skysports bendable capacitive probe calibration?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
clivesutton

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:52 am    Post subject: Skysports bendable capacitive probe calibration? Reply with quote

I have fitted the above fuel level sensor into the RH lobe of my fuel tank. The probe design is the same type sold by Airworld for many years.

The system already has a 'needle-on-scale' type readout via a VDO-type gauge - but i would also like to connect its signal output on an AUX channel of my EIS4000 engine monitor to display actual figures in Litres

For that to work, the EIS4000 needs a 'scale factor'. Has anyone done this already - and if so, what SF (and 'offset' value) did you use please?

I will eventually get some data for my setup during fill/empty cycles - but if you know the approximate voltage outputs from this probe expected at 'empty' and 'full', that data would also be very useful to me at this stage

Looking forward to your replies
Clive Sutton, UK Kit 121

- The Matronics Europa-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
aspenbuild(at)me.com

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:58 am    Post subject: Skysports bendable capacitive probe calibration? Reply with quote

The probes sold by Airworld would not 'talk' to my Dynon and I had to buy genuine ones from an alternative source. Airworld ones look identical but are copies and work in a different way and would only work with their analogue gauges.

Rich S.
CEIW

Sent from my iPad

Quote:
On 25 Jan 2017, at 14:52, clivesutton <clive.maf(at)googlemail.com> wrote:

I have fitted the above fuel level sensor into the RH lobe of my fuel tank. The probe design is the same type sold by Airworld for many years.

The system already has a 'needle-on-scale' type readout via a VDO-type gauge - but i would also like to connect its signal output on an AUX channel of my EIS4000 engine monitor to display actual figures in Litres

For that to work, the EIS4000 needs a 'scale factor'. Has anyone done this already - and if so, what SF (and 'offset' value) did you use please?

If it has not been done already but you know the approximate voltage outputs from this probe expected at 'empty' and 'full', that data would also be very useful

Looking forward to your replies

Clive Sutton, UK Kit 121

Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=465428#465428

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

h&jeuropa

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Skysports bendable capacitive probe calibration? Reply with quote

Clive,

I looked at the Sky Sports website and it appears your probe will output a voltage proportional to the fuel level. There is apparently a full and empty adjustment screw. If you are going to continue to use the VDO gauge, measure the voltage at the S terminal of the gauge when it indicates empty and when it indicates FULL fuel. If they are both less than 5 volts, you can connect directly to your EIS. If they exceed 5 volts, you will need to make a simple voltage divider with two resistors.

If the voltage is 0 when the tank is empty and 5 volts when the tank is FULL (18 US gal), your SF would be 90 and OFFSET would be 0 using the Forward, Decimal feature of the EIS.

If your voltages are different or you want other than US gal, I've attached a document that explains how to calculate SF and OFF.

If you still have questions, please ask.

Jim Butcher
N241BW

EIS Aux Input Config.docx
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  EIS Aux Input Config.docx
 Filesize:  13.73 KB
 Downloaded:  383 Time(s)

Rick Moss

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Skysports bendable capacitive probe calibration? Reply with quote

Please note that the output of a capacitance sender will differ greatly between Avgas, UL91 and mogas.

JacksonaFleming

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:02 am    Post subject: Re: Skysports bendable capacitive probe calibration? Reply with quote

The email makes our work easy whether it is business or personal work. We can contact and send any type of documents through it within seconds and minutes. This best essay service helpful to the students. We can with any guy or person and relative around the globe.

DannyBo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:57 am    Post subject: Re: Skysports bendable capacitive probe calibration? Reply with quote

Hey students, i want to recommend you best site to buy an essay . Their writers are really professionals, i order some paper task form time to time, when receive really hard work from college.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: