Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rough running 912 ULRough running 912 ULRough running 912

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RotaxEngines-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dick Maddux

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:11 am    Post subject: Rough running 912 ULRough running 912 ULRough running 912 Reply with quote

Hugh,
I had the same type of problem a couple of years ago. I went thru all the checks as you have. Actually I have had that problem a few times. One time it was a broken internal wire coming from the back of the engine to the module. I found it with a needle and an ohm meter. (forgot the proper name but it was the red one)
Another time I trimmed the ignition leads and replaced the spark plug caps after the trimming didn't work. The new caps worked as a couple of old ones checked bad resistance wise.
By the way on another occasion I replaced the plugs with new ones and still had a misfire problem. When I "bomb" checked the "new " plugs,2 of them were bad and I had to replace those again !
These engines can be a nightmare (at least mine) I have often thought about putting Velcro on my cowling so I can remove it easier!
Again keep us posted if you find the problem because it will quite likely happen to any one of us
  Dick Maddux
  912 UL

- The Matronics RotaxEngines-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RotaxEngines-List
Dick Maddux

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:22 am    Post subject: Rough running 912 ULRough running 912 ULRough running 912 Reply with quote

Hugh,
John does bring up a point with the needle settings in the carb. The last 2 years my mag checks in the winter have not been good on the ground. I would have a drop of about 300 rpm on each one. Now if I did a mag check in the air they were fine. I couldn't figure it out. I live in hot,muggy,steamy,FLAT Florida (I miss mountains) The temps don't get very cold here but I think John might have a solution to my problem. When the weather warms up my mag problem goes away.
Will see what this winter brings (hurry up winter !!!!!!!)
    Dick Maddux
    912 UL

- The Matronics RotaxEngines-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RotaxEngines-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RotaxEngines-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: