Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

L-29 Tail Stand

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> L29-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
speedy11

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:31 pm    Post subject: L-29 Tail Stand Reply with quote

Does anyone know a source for a L-29 tail stand? I built one from wood that worked okay, but I'd rather have a metal one that is designed for the L-29.

Stan Sutterfield
Port Orange, FL

- The Matronics L29-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?L29-List
anthony.royal(at)volvo.co

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:55 am    Post subject: L-29 Tail Stand Reply with quote

Stan,
I searched the US and the Czech Republic for 2 years for a L-29 cradle with no joy. Found one old cradle in the Czech Republic but the gentleman wouldn’t sell it. I too went the wooden route. Hans out in the Northwest US who specializes in L39 ‘s thought he had a couple but never heard back from him.

Mark Korin of Alpha Systems in Ramsey, Minnesota built the metal tail cradles for Doug Weske that Doug sold thru his business. Mark reverse engineered the original Czech cradle and then customized it so it can also double for a wing cradle. He also has a design for a tow bar reversed engineered from the original Czech tow bar. Mark had stopped building the cradles due to lack of demand. I contacted him last year and he was willing to build a cradle for me. In fact, I bought the plans for the cradle from him thinking I might get one built locally and save on the shipping cost.

The price he quoted last year was not cheap…..$4000-$5000 range plus shipping. I may be interested in getting one built too if we can get several L-29 owners to order and possibly get a better price. Doug sold the cradles for about $3500.00 if I remember correctly.  Shipping will be expensive as these are very bulky and heavy cradles.  I have some photos of cradles Mark built I can send. Contact me offline for photos at anthony.royal(at)volvo.com (anthony.royal(at)volvo.com).

Anthony Royal
L-29 Maj Kissof
Christiansburg VA

From: owner-l29-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-l29-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of speedy11(at)aol.com
Sent: Thursday, January 07, 2016 7:31 PM
To: l29-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: L29-List: L-29 Tail Stand

Does anyone know a source for a L-29 tail stand?  I built one from wood that worked okay, but I'd rather have a metal one that is designed for the L-29.

Stan Sutterfield
Port Orange, FL

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

schwartzcompany(at)att.ne

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:41 am    Post subject: L-29 Tail Stand Reply with quote

The L29 tail stand was designed as a dual purpose stand. It normally is used under the tail for removal and attachment. However by changing the fittings it can also be used under the nose section for aircraft assembly. Each squadron had two or three of these stands. So, there are less stands than aircraft. It's still accessible from Russian and Ukraine sources. The usa going price these days is $2500. Still makes sense to buy oversees rather than trying to make it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:48 am    Post subject: L-29 Tail Stand Reply with quote

Bob,
Can you supply a contact name/number in Russia or the Ukraine for the cradle? My source in the Czech Republic was not able to import from Russia. I got the $2500 if you can provide a source for the cradle in the US.
Anthony Royal
L-29 Maj Kissof

From: owner-l29-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-l29-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Robert Schwartz
Sent: Friday, January 08, 2016 9:38 AM
Subject: Re: RE: L-29 Tail Stand

The L29 tail stand was designed as a dual purpose stand. It normally is used under the tail for removal and attachment. However by changing the fittings it can also be used under the nose section for aircraft assembly. Each squadron had two or three of these stands. So, there are less stands than aircraft.   It's still accessible from Russian and Ukraine sources. The usa going price these days is $2500.
Still makes sense to buy oversees rather than trying to make it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:55 am    Post subject: L-29 Tail Stand Reply with quote

I can't provide a sure source off hand. However it is possible. I will ask around. It's best to bring more goods than one stand to average out the shipping. It's all gone in cz. Must go farther east.
Sent from Outlook Mobile

On Fri, Jan 8, 2016 at 6:49 AM -0800, "Royal Anthony L" <anthony.royal(at)volvo.com (anthony.royal(at)volvo.com)> wrote:

Quote:
<![endif]--> <![endif]-->
Bob,
Can you supply a contact name/number in Russia or the Ukraine for the cradle? My source in the Czech Republic was not able to import from Russia. I got the $2500 if you can provide a source for the cradle in the US.
Anthony Royal
L-29 Maj Kissof

From: owner-l29-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-l29-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Robert Schwartz
Subject: Re: RE: L-29 Tail Stand

The L29 tail stand was designed as a dual purpose stand. It normally is used under the tail for removal and attachment. However by changing the fittings it can also be used under the nose section for aircraft assembly. Each squadron had two or three of these stands. So, there are less stands than aircraft. It's still accessible from Russian and Ukraine sources. The usa going price these days is $2500.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:03 am    Post subject: L-29 Tail Stand Reply with quote

My Czech source found cradles in Russia but the Russian contact wouldn’t/couldn’t export. Don’t know if that was just to the Czech Republic or couldn’t export at all.

From: owner-l29-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-l29-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of schwartzcompany(at)att.net
Sent: Friday, January 08, 2016 9:55 AM
Subject: RE: RE: L29-List: L-29 Tail Stand

I can't provide a sure source off hand. However it is possible. I will ask around. It's best to bring more goods  than one stand to average out the shipping.  It's all gone in cz.  Must go farther east.
Sent from Outlook Mobile

On Fri, Jan 8, 2016 at 6:49 AM -0800, "Royal Anthony L" <anthony.royal(at)volvo.com (anthony.royal(at)volvo.com)> wrote:
Bob,
Can you supply a contact name/number in Russia or the Ukraine for the cradle?  My source in the Czech Republic was not able to import from Russia.  I got the $2500 if you can provide a source for the cradle in the US.
Anthony Royal
L-29 Maj Kissof

From: owner-l29-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-l29-list-server(at)matronics.com) [mailto:owner-l29-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-l29-list-server(at)matronics.com)] On Behalf Of Robert Schwartz
To: l29-list(at)matronics.com (l29-list(at)matronics.com)
Subject: Re: RE: L29-List: L-29 Tail Stand

The L29 tail stand was designed as a dual purpose stand. It normally is used under the tail for removal and attachment.  However by changing the fittings it can also be used under the nose section for aircraft assembly.  Each squadron had two or three of these stands. So, there are less stands than aircraft.   It's still accessible from Russian and Ukraine sources.  The usa going price these days is $2500.  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:10 am    Post subject: L-29 Tail Stand Reply with quote

I just purchased some parts from russia in december and expect arrival anytime. Finding a reliable source is the hardest part. I have three tail stands and it took years to accumulate those.
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android From:"Royal Anthony L" <anthony.royal(at)volvo.com>
Date:Fri, Jan 8, 2016 at 9:03
Subject:RE: RE: L-29 Tail Stand

My Czech source found cradles in Russia but the Russian contact wouldn’t/couldn’t export. Don’t know if that was just to the Czech Republic or couldn’t export at all.

From: owner-l29-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-l29-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of schwartzcompany(at)att.net Sent: Friday, January 08, 2016 9:55 AM To: l29-list(at)matronics.com Subject: RE: RE: L-29 Tail Stand

I can't provide a sure source off hand. However it is possible. I will ask around. It's best to bring more goods  than one stand to average out the shipping. It's all gone in cz.  Must go farther east.
Sent from Outlook Mobile

On Fri, Jan 8, 2016 at 6:49 AM -0800, "Royal Anthony L" <[url=javascript:return]anthony.royal(at)volvo.com[/url]> wrote:

Bob,
Anthony Royal
L-29 Maj Kissof

From: mailto:owner-l29-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-l29-list-server(at)matronics.com)] On Behalf Of Robert Schwartz Sent: Friday, January 08, 2016 9:38 AM To: [url=javascript:return]l29-list(at)matronics.com[/url] Subject: Re: RE: L-29 Tail Stand

The L29 tail stand was designed as a dual purpose stand. It normally is used under the tail for removal and attachment. However by changing the fittings it can also be used under the nose section for aircraft assembly.  Each squadron had two or three of these stands. So, there are less stands than aircraft. It's still accessible from Russian and Ukraine sources. The usa going price these days is $2500.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:21 am    Post subject: L-29 Tail Stand Reply with quote

That’s one for each plane. If you happen to run across a spare stand in good shape, I’m in the market.

Sent: Friday, January 08, 2016 10:08 AM
Subject: Re: RE: RE: L29-List: L-29 Tail Stand

I just purchased some parts from russia in december and expect arrival anytime.  Finding a reliable source is the hardest part. I have three tail stands and it took years to accumulate those.
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

From:"Royal Anthony L" <anthony.royal(at)volvo.com (anthony.royal(at)volvo.com)>
Date:Fri, Jan 8, 2016 at 9:03
Subject:RE: RE: L29-List: L-29 Tail Stand

From: owner-l29-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-l29-list-server(at)matronics.com) [mailto:owner-l29-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-l29-list-server(at)matronics.com)] On Behalf Of schwartzcompany(at)att.net (schwartzcompany(at)att.net)
Sent: Friday, January 08, 2016 9:55 AM
To: l29-list(at)matronics.com (l29-list(at)matronics.com)
Subject: RE: RE: L29-List: L-29 Tail Stand

I can't provide a sure source off hand. However it is possible. I will ask around. It's best to bring more goods  than one stand to average out the shipping.  It's all gone in cz.  Must go farther east.
Sent from Outlook Mobile

On Fri, Jan 8, 2016 at 6:49 AM -0800, "Royal Anthony L" <[url=javascript:return]anthony.royal(at)volvo.com[/url]> wrote:

Bob,
Can you supply a contact name/number in Russia or the Ukraine for the cradle?  My source in the Czech Republic was not able to import from Russia.  I got the $2500 if you can provide a source for the cradle in the US.
Anthony Royal
L-29 Maj Kissof

From: [url=javascript:return]owner-l29-list-server(at)matronics.com[/url] [[url=javascript:return]mailto:owner-l29-list-server(at)matronics.com[/url]] On Behalf Of Robert Schwartz
To: [url=javascript:return]l29-list(at)matronics.com[/url]
Subject: Re: RE: L29-List: L-29 Tail Stand

The L29 tail stand was designed as a dual purpose stand. It normally is used under the tail for removal and attachment.  However by changing the fittings it can also be used under the nose section for aircraft assembly.  Each squadron had two or three of these stands. So, there are less stands than aircraft.   It's still accessible from Russian and Ukraine sources.  The usa going price these days is $2500.  

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> L29-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: