Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RotaxEngines-Rotax 447

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RotaxEngines-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jfesch(at)earthlink.net

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:23 am    Post subject: RotaxEngines-Rotax 447 Reply with quote

Dave
I was took off in my Hurricane and was just getting into climb pitch attitude and notice an audio RPM drop in the 447, with no guage indication. I leveled off and reduce throttle to cruise RPM, looked at my EGTs and notice that #2 cylinder was going through 1000 degrees, #1 cylinder was normal, with both CHTs about 10-20 degrees above normal.
I immediately turned downwind to reentered the pattern and landed with no problems. Now I know what people are going to say with the next statement but I had my reasons and I was not going to attempt to fly. I taxied back to the runway to do a high speed run to see if I could duplicate the issue again. Applied full throttle, since I can not get to full throttle with the brakes and did not want to tie down the aircraft, and noticed the same issue, a RPM drop with full throttle was reached. I didn't have time to notice the other guages and, yes, I did get airborne. I just closed the throttle, landed, and taxied home to put the Hurricane to bed.
I have a new pump, fuel and air filter, and fuel lines on the way, so I am going to replace them to see if that will fix the issue. I am the 4th owner on this aircraft, it is a 1996 with original hours of 265 TTAE and I think it has all the original fuel supply system in it. The aircraft has been flown on a regular basis and hangared all the time.
John

--

- The Matronics RotaxEngines-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RotaxEngines-List
dave(at)cfisher.com

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:11 am    Post subject: RotaxEngines-Rotax 447 Reply with quote

Have you replaced your impulse line to the fuel pump ?
They can collapse and you must use a heavy wall line made for impulse line.
Regular fuel line is not ok.
Dave
---

- The Matronics RotaxEngines-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RotaxEngines-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RotaxEngines-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: