Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Classic Aero seats

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV8-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
greg(at)itmack.com

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject: Classic Aero seats Reply with quote

G'day all. Does anyone have any experience0 with Classic Aero seats with the tall pilot option installed in there RV8? 0 Does it affect their seat back I'm assuming it rests on the WD808 like Vans and0 in which case it will have to be longer.

The reason I'm asking here is that it0 took over a month last time for Classic Aero to reply to my0 questions.

Thanks
Greg

- The Matronics RV8-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV8-List
schad(at)cooke.net

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject: Classic Aero seats Reply with quote

Greg,
I have the tall seat option in0 my RV-8 and it is great. I'm six four. It makes the seat back a0 little longer and you lean back a bit more. I don't remember0 exactly how much longer it is. To many years ago when I built the seat0 back, but I would guess maybe a couple of inches.
I bought the foam for my seats0 from the folks in Lincoln Nebraska that come to OSH and took it to my car0 guy. By the time I was done, I had eight hundred bucks in both0 seats. We even used certified material. The cushions are made up of0 several layers of temper foam. They have "kits" made up with the correct0 amount of each foam for both seats. Last year's price was about0 $400.00. Hope this helps a bit. Tom N558TX
[quote] ---

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

december29(at)bellsouth.n

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:50 pm    Post subject: Classic Aero seats Reply with quote

Hey Greg,
Don't know about the tall option, but I'm0 assuming they have it in the mix. I just got my seats from Classic Aero0 and went to Albany to pick them up. They turned out fantastic!!! The0 workmanship is top notch. I was going to do the vans foam. But when0 I sat in their built-up seats, that was the fastest like $1300 bucks that0 disappeared. Once again the quality was above what I expected and they0 think about what they are doing. Soooooo, I think they have already0 thought about it. Try them on the phone. They were always there when0 I called. Unless you live in Australia, then let me know and I'll call em0 for you.

Later,

John
[quote] ---

DONKEYVET(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject: Classic Aero seats Reply with quote

Greg,

Dittos with John! I too was blown away by the quality of my ClassicAero seats. They exceeded my already high expectations. Being that they are about the same length as the standard frame I bet they would work but I can't say for sure.
My two cents worth!
Dennis Flosi
P.S. I bet you could raise the piano hinge on the floor a little if they were a little short.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV8-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: