Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UPDATE on C-GYXQ....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith601-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SIDESLIP

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: UPDATE on C-GYXQ.... Reply with quote

Hello all, been busy lately, so haven't made much of a visit here in awhile. I've decided in the early winter, that it was time to "restore" my Zodiac 601XL-B. I've had AME's pull the wings, and brought it to a reputable professional painter. I'm doing the red and white, and gold paint scheme commonly seen on the Zenith 650B. I managed some serious paint connections, and the paint cost me nothing. $7,000 worth of ultra high end DuPont paint system. The plane had a nose gear bungee failure, so I replaced that in a borrowed hangar, and realized, maybe this winter would be a good time to replace, refresh and restore. So, the airplane left the Oshawa airport, direct to the painter. Then from there, (next week) it's coming home to my garage. Going to try and rectify my CO in the cockpit issue I've struggled with. I'm replacing ALL rubber components, sending units, tires, brakes, heavily modify the exhaust via TIG welding amongst other items like a professional interior package. The plan is to have a perfect working, almost brand new plane when this is over! I have two major struggles to deal with first.... Fuel tank sending units not working correctly, and this CO problem which I'm told a simple 10-12" extension should cure. None the less, I'll have a TON of garage time over the next three or four months to rectify hopefully. Lots of trouble shooting to do. Either way, she's going to look like an $80,000 plane when she si finished! Im pretty excited to say the least! I've gotten a 40 year ultra high end DuPont 3 stage Imron Elite SS paint system, netting a paint job worth $12-15K! Cost me out of pocket around $4000! This plane was built in 2003/2004 by a gentleman in Carp Ontario canada. He elected to polish the airplane in place of painting it since he hangars it. That doesn't work for me, as it is now parked outdoors. Hangars are a small fortune here, so not an option. As it turns out, I have enough paint left over for a complete Zodiac. The plane was Etched and scotch padded. Then a DuPont Etching primer, followed by a DTM Epoxy primer, then the polyurethane topcoat. The balance of the paint is $900.00 cad per gallon including the reducer. It's approx $3700.00 worth of left over brand new in the can paint if someone is interested. I'd like $2500.00 for it, to help offset some of my transportation costs. The white is an off white, and the red is CANADA FLAG red. Does anyone have any suggestions for sealing the nose gear pushrod openings? I've heard Jeep shifter boots, but does anyone have a part number, or should I just go to a Jeep dealer and ask?

Anyways..... Just sharing my excitement and winter project. There has been a lot of little things that it's needed since I bought it, but time to bring it up to Certified standards. This plane is for sale ironically enough, as the family wants to fly too, which puts me after a 172 or ideally a Cherokee. It'll be hard to part with now though, as truly........ IM IN LOVE!

All the best to everyone in 2014! Safe flights, and may you always have a tailwind!! Photos are coming as the paint progresses.

Thanks all for letting me share!

Chad Scriver. - C-GYXQ. YOUTUBE Search the registration, and you'll see some pretty cool videos, especially flying over the City of Toronto at 2000' ASL. The CN TOWER LOOKS SUPER COOL from a Zodiac!

- The Matronics Zenith601-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith601-List

image.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  888.26 KB
 Viewed:  3862 Time(s)

image.jpg

image.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  126.49 KB

image.jpg

image.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  115.61 KB

image.jpg

image.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  130.15 KB

image.jpg

image.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  173.38 KB

image.jpg

image.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  45.83 KB
 Viewed:  3861 Time(s)

image.jpg

image.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  151.28 KB
 Viewed:  3861 Time(s)

image.jpg

SIDESLIP

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:48 am    Post subject: Re: UPDATE on C-GYXQ.... Reply with quote

Getting there!! Familiar scheme, but with my own touch....

- The Matronics Zenith601-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith601-List

image.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  130.13 KB
 Viewed:  3828 Time(s)

image.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith601-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: