Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

S704 Relay Wire Sizing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> AeroElectric-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
piavis(at)comcast.net

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:47 pm    Post subject: S704 Relay Wire Sizing Reply with quote

In sizing wires per the Z-13 diagram on the S704 relay for the SD-8, most of the wires supporting the SD-8 are 12AWG. For the jumper from the + side of the contactor on the relay, to the COM tab, can I use something as low as an 18 or 20 AWG wire for this, I’m not sure of the current flow through this. Based on other posts on the subject, there’s only about .1A on the line from the contactor ground tab through to the breaker and switch, so I should be able to go to a much smaller wire here.
Thanks,
Jim
Redmond, WA [quote][b]

- The Matronics AeroElectric-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?AeroElectric-List
klehman(at)albedo.net

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:50 pm    Post subject: S704 Relay Wire Sizing Reply with quote

Hi Jim
Yes I agree with you. Since the coil circuit has a 5 amp CB in it I
think you could go all the way down to 22awg if you wanted.
I also think that 12awg is appropriate for the 20 amp alternator but
overkill for an 8 amp unit.
Ken

PIAVIS wrote:

Quote:
In sizing wires per the Z-13 diagram on the S704 relay for the SD-8,
most of the wires supporting the SD-8 are 12AWG. For the jumper from
the + side of the contactor on the relay, to the COM tab, can I use
something as low as an 18 or 20 AWG wire for this, Im not sure of the
current flow through this. Based on other posts on the subject,
theres only about .1A on the line from the contactor ground tab
through to the breaker and switch, so I should be able to go to a much
smaller wire here.

Thanks,

Jim

Redmond, WA

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

piavis(at)comcast.net

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 9:06 pm    Post subject: S704 Relay Wire Sizing Reply with quote

Quote:
Thanks Ken, That’s what I had figured but can’t find any concrete info in the archives. I was hoping to get a reading from Bob on this one. I’ve noticed a lot of questions on the S704 in the archives but nothing indicating wire sizing as used with the SD-8. Jim Hi JimYes I agree with you. Since the coil circuit has a 5 amp CB in it I think you could go all the way down to 22awg if you wanted.I also think that 12awg is appropriate for the 20 amp alternator but
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
That’s what I had figured but can’t find any concrete info in the archives. I was hoping to get a reading from Bob on this one. I’ve noticed a lot of questions on the S704 in the archives but nothing indicating wire sizing as used with the SD-8.
Quote:
That’s what I had figured but can’t find any concrete info in the archives. I was hoping to get a reading from Bob on this one. I’ve noticed a lot of questions on the S704 in the archives but nothing indicating wire sizing as used with the SD-8.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

[quote][b]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> AeroElectric-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: