Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

M701 help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> L29-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bcolombo(at)twcny.rr.com

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:28 pm    Post subject: M701 help Reply with quote

Ok building my test stand for the spare m701 I have and i have some questions. I am sure i will have a ton more questions but any help with these would be great. I have 100's of pics that show all of the items I am asking questions about. I posted A bunch of them pertaining to these questions on a website I own. www.hotboatpics.com. I made a section just for the turbine pictures. WARNING, IT IS A BOATING WEBSITE AND THERE MIGHT BE SOME ADULT PICTURES THAT PEOPLE HAVE POSTED ON THE SITE. I will set a generic username and password of "turbine". You must sign in to view pictures. If you click on the pictures it will open it, If you want the big view of the picture click on it again.
#1 (picture b & c)on the fuel filter there is a large inlet and a smaller fitting above. I will assume that is the return to tank, correct? (picture b & c)
#2 where on the turbine dose the oil system connect to the oil cooler? where does the return connect?
#3 Is the yellow switch mounted to the fuel filter adapter the low pressure indicator and if so does it just complete a 28v circuit to a bulb? (see picture B & C)
#4 in the yellow switch located on the fuel filter adapter there is a small barb fitting sticking out looks to be like 5/16, what is it and what does it connect to? (see pictures B & C)
#5 there is a threaded fitting on the front of the centrifugal compressor case about 9 o clock, what is it for? (see picture T)
#6 there are two fitting on the bottom of the turbine connected to the fuel manifold catch tank, where do they go? I believe they just dump excess fuel into the exhaust that has collected after shut down or a bad start. could be wrong. (see picture R)
#7 do i need to run it with the entire tail pipe connected? If not how much hotter could i expect to see the egt right off the back of the tail cone?
#8 you will prob. need to see the pic but on one of the parts of the fuel system there is a knob that turns to adjust something, what does it do. (see picture I )
#9 on the oil tank, there is a sensor, is that for oil temp? there is also a fitting that has a plastic cap over it in the picture, when i pull it off oil runs out. where is this supposed to connect? (see picture P )
#10 Between the compressor and the burner cans about 4:00 looking at the turbine there is a port, i assume bleed air, can i just cover that up? (see picture Q)
Thanks in advance.

Brian

- The Matronics L29-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?L29-List
Ernie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:07 pm    Post subject: M701 help Reply with quote

Firstly, this is a forum for L-29 owners. I cant speak for the rest of
the listers, but I personally cant condone the use of these rare
engines that we desparately need for our jets for use in anything
other than the their intended purpose, which is L-29 airplanes.

As for your questions, I suggest you scrounge around for some manuals
that will explain 99% of your questions.

Ernie

On 1/24/06, Brian Colombo <Bcolombo(at)twcny.rr.com> wrote:
Quote:

Ok building my test stand for the spare m701 I have and i have some questions. I am sure i will have a ton more questions but any help with these would be great. I have 100's of pics that show all of the items I am asking questions about. I posted A bunch of them pertaining to these questions on a website I own. www.hotboatpics.com. I made a section just for the turbine pictures. WARNING, IT IS A BOATING WEBSITE AND THERE MIGHT BE SOME ADULT PICTURES THAT PEOPLE HAVE POSTED ON THE SITE. I will set a generic username and password of "turbine". You must sign in to view pictures. If you click on the pictures it will open it, If you want the big view of the picture click on it again.
#1 (picture b & c)on the fuel filter there is a large inlet and a smaller fitting above. I will assume that is the return to tank, correct? (picture b & c)
#2 where on the turbine dose the oil system connect to the oil cooler? where does the return connect?
#3 Is the yellow switch mounted to the fuel filter adapter the low pressure indicator and if so does it just complete a 28v circuit to a bulb? (see picture B & C)
#4 in the yellow switch located on the fuel filter adapter there is a small barb fitting sticking out looks to be like 5/16, what is it and what does it connect to? (see pictures B & C)
#5 there is a threaded fitting on the front of the centrifugal compressor case about 9 o clock, what is it for? (see picture T)
#6 there are two fitting on the bottom of the turbine connected to the fuel manifold catch tank, where do they go? I believe they just dump excess fuel into the exhaust that has collected after shut down or a bad start. could be wrong. (see picture R)
#7 do i need to run it with the entire tail pipe connected? If not how much hotter could i expect to see the egt right off the back of the tail cone?
#8 you will prob. need to see the pic but on one of the parts of the fuel system there is a knob that turns to adjust something, what does it do. (see picture I )
#9 on the oil tank, there is a sensor, is that for oil temp? there is also a fitting that has a plastic cap over it in the picture, when i pull it off oil runs out. where is this supposed to connect? (see picture P )
#10 Between the compressor and the burner cans about 4:00 looking at the turbine there is a port, i assume bleed air, can i just cover that up? (see picture Q)
Thanks in advance.

Brian

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Bcolombo(at)twcny.rr.com

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject: M701 help Reply with quote

First of all I am an l-29 owner. N6235M. I was not trying to start any
problems. I have a timed out m701c and i wanted to learn the turbine inside
and out so i am building a stand to run it on and see how all the systems
work. I have all the manuals But i was checking on some of the items from
people who have worked on them for a while. The diagrams in the manuals are
great but they don't show exactly where everything goes. Yes they have a
schematic but it still does not show you what everything looks like hooked
up. I run t53 turbines, Jfs-100's, t58's and wr27's. Building a stand and
getting them running has been the best turbine learning experience i feel i
can get. Thanks for the response anyways.
Brian Colombo
---

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> L29-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: