Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reno National Air Race Championship

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> L29-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SD737(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:46 am    Post subject: Reno National Air Race Championship Reply with quote

Many thanks to several guys that gave their time freely last Saturday and Sunday during the Reno National Air Race Championships.

We were able to remove my old engine on my L-29 and install a factory overhauled zero timed engine. By Sunday afternoon we had it completely installed with everything hooked up and safety wired.

First start attempt was successful and it ran perfectly. Cycled flaps and gear on the jacks and all is well.

MANY thanks to:
GARY COLE (Houston TX)
PETE TAYLOR (Red Bluff, CA)
STACY LAWRENCE (Redding, CA)

These guys worked together TIRELESSLY throughout the day Saturday and Sunday during the air show.

The reason for writing this is to recognize 3 gentlemen that pitched in and helped me change out my engine and did not ask for a dime!!
It wasn't about making a buck it was about camaraderie!

These guys are among the BEST the L-29 group has to offer and I wanted to recognize them for their selfless contribution! This is what makes it so enjoyable to be apart of the L-29 group!

Thank you gentlemen,

Scott Douglass
Reno, NV

[quote][b]

- The Matronics L29-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?L29-List
propblast(at)earthlink.ne

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reno National Air Race Championship Reply with quote

Stories like this makes me proud to be an L-29 owner and pilot.
John Cabrera
La Crescenta, CA
[quote]
--

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

colyergreg(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reno National Air Race Championship Reply with quote

John, will you come up in a few weeks if we have a L-29 gathering up here? we are going to have some iskras too..should be a great time? We will be picking a date soon, end of oct beg of nov is what we are shooting for. Fuel should be right around $3 a gallon as well, hopefully lower. And about this weekend at the races...Scott, Pete and Stacy I know well as we are always together but it was really great to meet Gary and he's a great guy and very knowledgeable with the L-29.
greg

--

colyergreg(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reno National Air Race Championship Reply with quote

And Many thanks to Scott for putting Pete and myself up at his house for the races and having a great dinner for us!!!! and congrats to Scott on his L-39 type rating!!!! Although He's a L-29 guy and attitude at heart!

--

colyergreg(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reno National Air Race Championship Reply with quote

And Many thanks to Scott for putting Pete and myself up at his house for the races and having a great dinner for us!!!! and congrats to Scott on his L-39 type rating!!!! Although He's a L-29 guy and attitude at heart!

--

delfin(at)mail.pf

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:54 am    Post subject: Reno National Air Race Championship Reply with quote

I am proud to be in the L-29 group !
Le 18 sept. 06 à 08:46, SD737(at)aol.com (SD737(at)aol.com) a écrit :
[quote] Many thanks to several guys that gave their time freely last Saturday and Sunday during the Reno National Air Race Championships.

We were able to remove my old engine on my L-29 and install a factory overhauled zero timed engine.  By Sunday afternoon we had it completely installed with everything hooked up and safety wired.

First start attempt was successful and it ran perfectly.  Cycled flaps and gear on the jacks and all is well.

MANY thanks to:
GARY COLE (Houston TX)

These guys worked together TIRELESSLY throughout the day Saturday and Sunday during the air show.

The reason for writing this is to recognize 3 gentlemen that pitched in and helped me change out my engine and did not ask for a dime!!

These guys are among the BEST the L-29 group has to offer and I wanted to recognize them for their selfless contribution!  This is what makes it so enjoyable to be apart of the L-29 group!

Thank you gentlemen,

Scott Douglass
Reno, NV

Quote:

ntribution

[b]

propblast(at)earthlink.ne

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reno National Air Race Championship Reply with quote

That time frame sounds good to me. I have made plans to go to AOPA in Palm Spring but that is the week end of 11/9.
I would love to come up and meet everyone.
John Cabrera
[quote]
--

jorgen.nielsen(at)mweb.co

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reno National Air Race Championship Reply with quote

Hi Scott

So with the 0 time engine do you notice more thrust?

Jorgen

From: owner-l29-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-l29-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of SD737(at)aol.com
Sent: 18 September 2006 08:46 PM
To: l29-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Reno National Air Race Championship

Many thanks to several guys that gave their time freely last Saturday and Sunday during the Reno National Air Race Championships.

We were able to remove my old engine on my L-29 and install a factory overhauled zero timed engine. By Sunday afternoon we had it completely installed with everything hooked up and safety wired.

First start attempt was successful and it ran perfectly. Cycled flaps and gear on the jacks and all is well.

MANY thanks to:

GARY COLE (Houston TX)

These guys are among the BEST the L-29 group has to offer and I wanted to recognize them for their selfless contribution! This is what makes it so enjoyable to be apart of the L-29 group!

Thank you gentlemen,

Scott Douglass

Reno, NV

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[quote][b]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> L29-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: