Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rotax 447

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RotaxEngines-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dave(at)cfisher.com

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:18 am    Post subject: Rotax 447 Reply with quote

I have a 503 single carb and use a rectangular pump with no issues.

I would try that.

What was the issue ? I must have missed that last week ?
Dave
---

- The Matronics RotaxEngines-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RotaxEngines-List
jfesch(at)earthlink.net

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:56 am    Post subject: Rotax 447 Reply with quote

Quote:
Have you replaced your impulse line to the fuel pump ?

Dave
I replaced the pulse line with a new and one bought from CPS about 11 hours ago. It appears to be holding up.
I pulled the exhaust manifold off last night didn't find any carbon on the piston rings only the normal buildup on top of the pistons and exhaust. Nothing excessive. The piston skirts are nice and shiney.
Quote:
From what I can see there is no buildup of carbon on the other ports. I will see if I can borrow a bore scope to get a better look at the heads.
My new pump, air and fuel filter should be here in a day or two. I have a feeling it might be the fuel delivery system that might have been the cause. The only thing is why it affected only one cylinder? Maybe I caught it pretty quickly and EGT never caught up on the #1 cylinder. Who knows, things happened pretty fast and I wasn't interested in watching the instruments at the time, just to get myself back on the ground before things really went south.

John

--

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

dave(at)cfisher.com

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:13 am    Post subject: Rotax 447 Reply with quote

Good stuff.

I had plane that I was test flying last year for a guy with a 503 single
carb. I forget the egts at the time but it lost power on climbout and would
only get about 5000 rpm max.
I not sure what happened but I landed and tried several crop hops after that
and it would get full power and just get airbourne and then lose power .
This happened to me a few more times. I was convinced that is was a fuel
starvation problem.
Don't ask me why but I turned off the fuel at the tank valve and it was a
ball type i think , you know about 1/4 turn to make it open or closed. I
ran it till it stopped taxing.
Then I opened fuel again and primed it - hit the key -- and it was running

NYTerminat(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject: Rotax 447 Reply with quote

John,
By any chance do you have a primer bulb in the fuel line? A friend of mine has an C.G Hawk Ultralight and he was having surges in the engine. He replaced the fuel line, cleaned the fuel tank, replaced the fuel pump and would sometimes still have the surges. He was told to replace his bulb primer and that took care of the problem. The check valve in the primer bulb was sticking. Just a thought. Good luck.

Bob Spudis

In a message dated 9/8/2006 10:58:28 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, jfesch(at)earthlink.net writes:
Quote:
>Have you replaced your impulse line to the fuel pump ?

Dave
I replaced the pulse line with a new and one bought from CPS about 11 hours ago. It appears to be holding up.
I pulled the exhaust manifold off last night didn't find any carbon on the piston rings only the normal buildup on top of the pistons and exhaust. Nothing excessive. The piston skirts are nice and shiney.
Quote:
From what I can see there is no buildup of carbon on the other ports. I will see if I can borrow a bore scope to get a better look at the heads.
My new pump, air and fuel filter should be here in a day or two. I have a feeling it might be the fuel delivery system that might have been the cause. The only thing is why it affected only one cylinder? Maybe I caught it pretty quickly and EGT never caught up on the #1 cylinder. Who knows, things happened pretty fast and I wasn't interested in watching the instruments at the time, just to get myself back on the ground before things really went south.

John

[quote][b]

Malcolmbru(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject: Rotax 447 Reply with quote

I havent folowed the hole topic and dont like to go off on a tangent but have you tried cheking the gage? they go bad prety fast just change the conections and see if it makes a diferences the gage can be sent back for calabration real cheep.or swap the sending units. if all lookes good and you see no sign of a temp spike on the piston or plug. mal michigan kit fox 582
[quote][b]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RotaxEngines-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: