Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Corvair Flight Engine for Sale

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Engines-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dave.thompson(at)verizon.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:00 pm    Post subject: Corvair Flight Engine for Sale Reply with quote

Gentlemen,

Well, Today, My house re-finance funded. After adding up the financial obligations that must be paid with it, I will not have enough left over to purchase my 601XL kit. I don’t want to get started with partial kits and run out of money later. That would be worse than not starting at all.

I like to compare relationships to the weather. My wife & I have had a few storms lately. We now have blue skies but there is still “trash in the yard” to clean up. If I did get the airplane kit, I would be even more isolated out here in my shop. That would just “put wood on the fire”. Apryl is afraid of flying and I would guess that she would never fly in a plane that I built. I can understand that. Why should I spend 5 to 6 years and many $ on a project that I cannot share with my wife after it’s finished?

With this in mind, I am considering what to do with my Corvair engine core.

I have an RH case with 3878566 heads and a 8409 crank.

I have purchased and received a William Wynne oil pan & install kit, safety shaft and hybrid studs. Still on back order from William are: modified nitrided crank shaft, distributor, oil accessory case and valve covers. They are on back order because I told William to put me on the bottom of the list and service the other guys that are closer to flying first. The core engine is disassembled and partially cleaned. I have cut out and started to finish the front cover.

My intention is to sell what I have. I will require the buyer to have purchased William Wynne’s manual. I will also include my Chevy “green book”, parts and price spreadsheet and other assorted documentation that I have accumulated.

I want it to go to a good home. Best case scenario would be someone here in Southern California.

I am also interested in building the engine with the buyer if they live close enough. Just for the experience, no partnership or anything like that in mind. (Maybe a ride in the fished plane)

The price is negotiable and will be very fair. I will make pictures available if requested.

I plan to wait a month or so before I E-Bay it.

If you have anyone in mind, Please contact me off list.

Someday perhaps my situation will change and I will be able to pursue my life long dream of flying a machine that I built with my own hands.

I have greatly enjoyed this list and will continue to read it for now.

Tomorrow, My wife & I will start building some furniture, TOGETHER.

Dave Thompson
dave.thompson(at)verizon.net (dave.thompson(at)verizon.net)
Do not archive

- The Matronics Engines-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Engines-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Engines-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: