Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Europa Sun 'n Fun Forum and gatherings.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
budyerly@msn.com

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:53 am    Post subject: Europa Sun 'n Fun Forum and gatherings. Reply with quote

Sun 'n Fun is here! Join us at the Forum!

Now that Anita and I are no longer doing a booth at Sun 'n Fun, my blood pressure is down, and my sense of humor is back. Airshows can be a grind. We are volunteers for the event with my local EAA chapter making sandwiches daily with about 40 other volunteers and friends from the local community and our flying community.

Jerry Hope and I and our wives are at the Sun 'n Fun Pavillion making sandwiches, drinks and shooting the bull from 0900 until 1130 daily. So far, Anita and I enjoy driving home after lunch and I go to the shop and print some 3D mods and repair parts I have done to tools/and other items. I have made many little tidbits improving my aged CAD skills and patience as these printers are notoriously slow. Frankly, some of what I have done could be whacked out of foam and glass and modded quicker. That's another story.

If you all would like to come and chat, we have a place to meet out of the sun and a bit more quiet, so come over to the pavillion about 1130, it is a nice place to meet and exchange ideas. I will be walking the show in the afternoons taking a break from the airshow watching crowds seeing the sites and old friends and if anyone wants to go to the shop in the late afternoon, I'll be available to open it up and assist folks wanting to sift through the mono stuff left over. In the shop, I only have one kit left partially built XS Trigear and Brett Browns trigear and my own trigear. Of course, I'm tearing down my woodworking tools and rehabbing them so it is a mess. That is where the 3D printed parts are going.

We've arranged a Forum for Europa Owners on Wednesday March 29th at CFAA-05 FROM 1:00 TO 1:55 (the Nazis will throw us out at 1156). There are problems that just arrived with WiFi in the building so this will be an informal gathering for Europa Owners and the topics are open for discussion. Of course, we also can meet in the Sun 'n Fun Pavillion area daily and gather and talk about individual issues you may be having on your Europa if you don't want to discuss it in the forum.

I have a shopping list this year and am not afraid to exercise it, so 12AY is tore down in the shop getting little goodies installed. I may be adding the internal Stratus to my ESG transponder. Some other doo dads are being looked at and more than likely I'll probably just build another Stratux an put it into the cockpit area. My move of the Stratux ADS-B in to the rear near my transmitter antenna has caused interference with the ADS-B operation and although shielded and working, it looks like an amateur did the install.

The weather looks reasonable from Tuesday afternoon through the rest of the week so join us. Be sure to bring sun screen and a hat. IT IS HOT!

Best Regards,

Bud and Anita Yerly
Custom Flight Creations, Inc.

- The Matronics Europa-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
n7188u

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:48 am    Post subject: Re: Europa Sun 'n Fun Forum and gatherings. Reply with quote

Hi Bud,

I will see if I can go Wednesday but most likely it will have to be Thursday or Friday since my son wants to come and we are limited by his school obligations.

If I can't I will go by the pavilion to say hello at 11:30.

Chris

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

budyerly@msn.com

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:02 pm    Post subject: Europa Sun 'n Fun Forum and gatherings. Reply with quote

I'll be looking forward to seeing you. Weather is better later in the week

budyerly@msn.com

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Europa Sun 'n Fun Forum and gatherings. Reply with quote

First Day of Sun 'n Fun.

It was wildly busy doing volunteer work. I went through the LSA and Spot Landing contest. My old friend and EAA member John Moody (The father of Ultralights) porpoised his little ultralight yesterday and luckily at 80+ he got a scratch on his arm and cracked his helmet when he hit hard on the nose and the plane flipped upside down (it is a biplane) and we got him medical attention and he is fine. It P.O.ed his wife as he broke his pledge to stop flying his Easy Riser. So I didn't see much and after running errands also, we got home had supper and I'm vegging out.

Tomorrow the front comes through and we are doing the Europa Seminar at 1 PM still showing at CFAA-05 on the second floor room 206 so watch the signs.

Fly/Drive Safe and see you there.

Bud Yerly

n7188u

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Europa Sun 'n Fun Forum and gatherings. Reply with quote

I’m glad to hear John is ok. I always enjoyed watching his show.

Now it seems I’ll go to SnF on Saturday. Not a fan of going that day but my son has school obligations and he wants to come.

We would like to see the night show and pitch a tent to sleep then head back home on Sunday. I’ll try to fly the Europa but forecast calls for a windy day on Sunday. Will see as the day nears. Could always take the LongEZ (that plane doesn’t mind windy days but can’t take anything in it)

Anyone there with an Europa on Saturday?

Chris

budyerly@msn.com

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:10 am    Post subject: Re: Europa Sun 'n Fun Forum and gatherings. Reply with quote

Seminar for Europa owners in room 205. 1:00PM

BUD YERLY

budyerly@msn.com

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Europa Sun 'n Fun Forum and gatherings. Reply with quote

The latest from Sun 'n Fun 2023

It's really nice weather this week. A bit breezy, but clear skies, and delightfully warm (HOT to many) and well attended by fliers and the public.

Wednesday folks finally started to fly in as the weather fronts abated by Tuesday up north. It was a huge fly in day filling most of the GA Camping area and some in the homebuilt camping.

Wednesday Fred Klein, Jerry Hope, Lyle Antieu, Jim, and I all discussed Fred's accident with the rocker switches having been inadvertently switched off and unnoticed. I was asked to do a critique of Fred's switches and his fix to put guards on his ignition, and engine control switches. A smart move on his part. These small rocker switches are neat, but difficult to see if they are on and off as they are a very low profile.

Fred's repairs are nearly complete and the engine undamaged so a bit more time and he'll be flying again.

My only comment for Fred was to replace rockers with lever lock switches that cannot be inadvertently shut off by simply hitting them.

In my previous military and civil training our instructors always required a blindfold cockpit check prior to solo. Knowledge by wrote memory and feel sharpens the quick reactions of a pilot. I'm a fan of it, but in the civil training environment normally, it is not even a training that is considered. I find it speeds checklist operations and assists in emergencies and normal ops such as running out of gas in the main side or aux, night flying, and old guy mental fog.

As I said, the Sun 'n Fun GA fly in side has been very well attended but homebuilt camping is only about 1/2 full on Wednesday and another 20 or so flew in on Thursday.
John Wigney flew his beautiful Europa Mono in on Wednesday afternoon. He reports the new homebuilt camping area, near the VOR was quite nice and his comment that there were only two showers for men and two for women meant a bit of patience was needed in the AM. However, the campground hosts were doing evening meals and morning light breakfast which John said was very nice. The only drawback I saw was the tram for transportation to and from the area was a bit annoying as it ran about every 20 minutes but occasionally was longer. It is a long walk from the VOR to the airshow East End and a reliable tram was now needed. John walked the 1/4 mile in short time from the LSA area and there were numerous carts stopping to pick folks up from the ultralight/LSA area to homebuilt camping.

I saw Chuck Reinas's trigear, but did not run into Chuck.

It was not as hot on Thursday, but Anita's foot was sore, my back got twisted up stepping off a sidewalk, so after doing some volunteer work in the AM and some Airmaster Sale visits, we went home a bit early at 2 PM. I got a well needed nap in the afternoon, and corrected my back and Anita got her foot taken care of. A win-win for us.

Jerry Hope leaves Saturday and I think many others will from the homebuilt area as another front is crossing the Ohio valley area. Florida will be unaffected but those flying home East of Ohio will be heading out I'm sure with a healthy tail wind for a change.

Saturday, Anita and I have grand baby visits in Orlando, and we will be away from the show for the day, but back Sunday to volunteer/assist and staying through the teardown.

Best Regards,
Bud and Anita Yerly

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: