Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

POH/Operations Manual for Grove conventional gear XS Europa

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Duncan McFadyean

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:40 am    Post subject: POH/Operations Manual for Grove conventional gear XS Europa Reply with quote

<<....Im hoping that some kind owner/builder with a conventional wheel aircraft wouldn't mind sharing their Manual with me...>>
There's not much to share; it's mainly as for the mono, plus bits of the tri.
So: Takeoff with 15-18 deg flap. Initial part of the TO run with stick held back to pin the tailwheel to the ground. Then raise tail to increase tail surface effectiveness and to reduce TO distance, but balanced with unloading the mains if ground is draggy (soft, wet, long grass, etc). Sometimes full flap for the initial part of the TO can assist in unloading the mains on exceptionally soft ground. On long firm surfaces, flapless take off will expedite overall departure.
Land three-point with full flap. Depending where your axle line is in comparison to CVG, wheeler landings are usually not possible, but useful to be able to do if the brakes need to be applied early.
Everything else is easier than mono or tri, and the fuselage doesn't fall over when the wings are taken out!

Duncan McF
Quote:
On 08 August 2022 at 04:16 tonyvaccarella <tony(at)weimagine.com.au> wrote:

Im nearing the completion of my conventional gear XS Europa S/N A011. Im trying to make an Operational Manual for this aircraft. Im utilising the POH documents provided by The Europa Club - they offer three variants - Mono, Trigear, and Glider wings.

Europa has advised me that it's best I base my Manual on the Mono document - however, Im having trouble determining the correct take-off and landing procedure for this airframe - due to the flaps being independent of the fixed landing gear.

Im hoping that some kind owner/builder with a conventional wheel aircraft wouldn't mind sharing their Manual with me.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards to all

--------
Tony Vaccarella
Mascot NSW 2020
Sydney Australia

Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=507624#507624

- The Matronics Europa-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: