Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Firefly for sale

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stuart(at)harnerfarm.net

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 12:50 pm    Post subject: Firefly for sale Reply with quote

Dear fellow Kolbers,

Like finally giving in and putting down your favorite pet, I now have to admit I am never going to have the opportunity to fly again. Any time an airplane has sat for 5 years without even being unfolded it is time to admit the obvious. There is nothing wrong with the Firefly or me, but it might as well be doing someone else some good.

Since so many of you have been nice to me and helpful over the years I am going to offer my Firefly for sale to you or your contacts first before listing it publicly. I know what I have into it and know that I will never see most of that again. At this point I don’t have any idea of the real value so I will just ask for offers. There is a number at which I won’t let it go but I’m not really sure what that numbers is for the time being.

Please chime in with your honest thoughts about what it might be worth. Like the decision to sell, I probably won’t like the answers but am preparing to deal with it. Most information can be found on my web site at www.harnerfarm.net/serenity/serenity.html

The basic information is:

Kolb Firefly Quick Build Kit purchased 2013.
Assembly finished and first flight Oct. 2014
Rotax 447 with B gearbox Engine had 13 hours when installed
Engine now has 35 hours on it
22 hours on the airframe, maybe 18 of them in the air
Most flights happened in 2015 and the last one was June 2016
Engine was fogged down and winterized every fall
Always hangered and kept in the dark
New swivel tailwheel installed but never tested

There is a 30’ bumper pull camper that I have converted to a portable hangar that is for sale as well. There isn’t much mention of it on my web site but there are some pictures available in a hidden file and I have many more that I can provide.

Please let me know if you have any questions, comments or suggestions.

Thank you,

Stuart

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
gary(at)telleenpiano.com

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 7:01 pm    Post subject: Firefly for sale Reply with quote

Hi Stuart,

I saw your email on the Kolb list.   I currently fly an Aerolite 103 and am really interested in the Kolb planes.  Have you come up with any idea of what you need for your Kolb?

Gary Telleen RPTRegistered Piano Technician
Craftsman Piano Service
www.craftsmanpianoservice.com
Office:  316-644-6749

Office:  620-899-6659

Mobile: 620-899-6555

On Fri, May 7, 2021 at 5:29 PM Stuart Harner <stuart(at)harnerfarm.net (stuart(at)harnerfarm.net)> wrote:

Quote:

Dear fellow Kolbers,

Like finally giving in and putting down your favorite pet, I now have to admit I am never going to have the opportunity to fly again. Any time an airplane has sat for 5 years without even being unfolded it is time to admit the obvious. There is nothing wrong with the Firefly or me, but it might as well be doing someone else some good.

Since so many of you have been nice to me and helpful over the years I am going to offer my Firefly for sale to you or your contacts first before listing it publicly. I know what I have into it and know that I will never see most of that again. At this point I don’t have any idea of the real value so I will just ask for offers.  There is a number at which I won’t let it go but I’m not really sure what that numbers is for the time being.

Please chime in with your honest thoughts about what it might be worth. Like the decision to sell, I probably won’t like the answers but am preparing to deal with it. Most information can be found on my web site at www.harnerfarm.net/serenity/serenity.html   

There is a 30’ bumper pull camper that I have converted to a portable hangar that is for sale as well. There isn’t much mention of it on my web site but there are some pictures available in a hidden file and I have many more that I can provide.

Thank you,

Stuart

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

stuart(at)harnerfarm.net

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 8:10 pm    Post subject: Firefly for sale Reply with quote

Hi Gary,

After talking to some other list members I think the plane should be worth about $15,000. The converted camper/hangar can go with it for another $3000.

Did you check out my web page?

I have some videos there.

www.harnerfarm.net/serenity/videos.html

I also started building web pages for the hangar conversion but never finished. This link will work but you have to click it as there is no link on the home page.

http://www.harnerfarm.net/serenity/Hangar.html

In the meantime, attached is a picture of how it fits inside.

Let me know if you have any questions. I have a few different videos and lots of pictures that didn’t make it to the web page.

Thanks,

Stuart

From: owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Craftsman Piano
Sent: Sunday, May 09, 2021 10:01 PM
To: kolb-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Re: Firefly for sale

Hi Stuart,

I saw your email on the Kolb list. I currently fly an Aerolite 103 and am really interested in the Kolb planes. Have you come up with any idea of what you need for your Kolb?

Gary Telleen RPT
Registered Piano Technician

Craftsman Piano Service

Office: 316-644-6749

Office: 620-899-6659

On Fri, May 7, 2021 at 5:29 PM Stuart Harner <stuart(at)harnerfarm.net (stuart(at)harnerfarm.net)> wrote:
Quote:

Dear fellow Kolbers,

Since so many of you have been nice to me and helpful over the years I am going to offer my Firefly for sale to you or your contacts first before listing it publicly. I know what I have into it and know that I will never see most of that again. At this point I don’t have any idea of the real value so I will just ask for offers. There is a number at which I won’t let it go but I’m not really sure what that numbers is for the time being.

Thank you,

Stuart

100_8363_(2019_02_19_01_42_27_UTC).JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  2.31 MB
 Viewed:  2455 Time(s)

100_8363_(2019_02_19_01_42_27_UTC).JPG

gary(at)telleenpiano.com

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 6:23 am    Post subject: Firefly for sale Reply with quote

Stuart
I do have interest.  
Need to talk with my wife today 😉
Gary

On Sun, May 9, 2021 at 11:17 PM Stuart Harner <stuart(at)harnerfarm.net (stuart(at)harnerfarm.net)> wrote:

Quote:

Hi Gary,

After talking to some other list members I think the plane should be worth about $15,000. The converted camper/hangar can go with it for another $3000.

Did you check out my web page?

I have some videos there.

www.harnerfarm.net/serenity/videos.html

I also started building web pages for the hangar conversion but never finished. This link will work but you have to click it as there is no link on the home page.

http://www.harnerfarm.net/serenity/Hangar.html

In the meantime, attached is a picture of how it fits inside.

Let me know if you have any questions. I have a few different videos and lots of pictures that didn’t make it to the web page.

Thanks,

Stuart

From: owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com) [mailto:owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com)] On Behalf Of Craftsman Piano
Sent: Sunday, May 09, 2021 10:01 PM
To: kolb-list(at)matronics.com (kolb-list(at)matronics.com)
Subject: Re: Firefly for sale

Hi Stuart,

I saw your email on the Kolb list.   I currently fly an Aerolite 103 and am really interested in the Kolb planes.  Have you come up with any idea of what you need for your Kolb?

Gary Telleen RPT

Craftsman Piano Service

Office:  316-644-6749

Office:  620-899-6659

Quote:

Dear fellow Kolbers,

Since so many of you have been nice to me and helpful over the years I am going to offer my Firefly for sale to you or your contacts first before listing it publicly. I know what I have into it and know that I will never see most of that again. At this point I don’t have any idea of the real value so I will just ask for offers.  There is a number at which I won’t let it go but I’m not really sure what that numbers is for the time being.

Thank you,

Stuart

--
Gary Telleen

Craftsman Piano Services
316-644-6749
620-899-6659

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: