Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Plastic cable conduit for electrical cabling

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ward.t(at)xtra.co.nz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:29 am    Post subject: Plastic cable conduit for electrical cabling Reply with quote

Hi Allan,
I used a plastic cable conduit running under each door shelf from instrument panel to the back bulkhead. They are accessible and one can add and remove wiring at ease.
They can be painted to fit with interior colour scheme. Glued to interior wall.
See,
https://images.app.goo.gl/rE81dGRoHni2xwRr7
Flying today so will try to remember to take a photo of my installation.
Cheers,
Tim
--> Europa-List message posted by: "skanderup" <allan_skanderup(at)hotmail.com (allan_skanderup(at)hotmail.com)>Hi,I have pulled all my cables from my instrument board, port outboard, under the door ledge and aft.I would like some inspiration from you! Do you have any good ideas/photos of how you secured your cables before fitting the interior fabrics?I look forward to see/hear your creative solutions.Best regards,Allan
Sent from my iPadTim Ward
12 Waiwetu Street,
Fendalton,
Christchurch, 8052
New Zealand.
ward.t(at)xtra.co.nz
021 0640221

- The Matronics Europa-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
budyerly@msn.com

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:59 am    Post subject: Plastic cable conduit for electrical cabling Reply with quote

I'm not a fan of many of the round conduits. I've always made a cheap nice fiberglass channel. Glass a thin two ply cover from the sill flange to the wall. It is smooth and good looking. It is normally lighter than plastic tubing also.

I mold a flat piece for under the sill. And prefer a rectangular piece from the forward sill to the panel. The hollow chanel forms a wire channel and a stiffer sidewall, which prevents flexing of the fuselage joint making owners nervous about the structure.

I'm in the shop fixing some damaged paint so I'll email some photos tonight.

Best Regards,
Bud Yerly
Get Outlook for Android

From: owner-europa-list-server(at)matronics.com <owner-europa-list-server(at)matronics.com> on behalf of timward <ward.t(at)xtra.co.nz>
Sent: Friday, March 12, 2021 2:28:46 PM
To: Europa Builders Web <europa-list(at)matronics.com>
Subject: Europa-List: Plastic cable conduit for electrical cabling

Hi Allan,
I used a plastic cable conduit running under each door shelf from instrument panel to the back bulkhead. They are accessible and one can add and remove wiring at ease.
See,

Cheers,
Tim

--> Europa-List message posted by: "skanderup" <allan_skanderup(at)hotmail.com (allan_skanderup(at)hotmail.com)> Hi, I have pulled all my cables from my instrument board, port outboard, under the door ledge and aft. I would like some inspiration from you! Do you have any good ideas/photos of how you secured your cables before fitting the interior fabrics? I look forward to see/hear your creative solutions. Best regards, Allan
Sent from my iPad Tim Ward
12 Waiwetu Street,
Fendalton,
Christchurch, 8052
New Zealand.
ward.t(at)xtra.co.nz
021 0640221

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

budyerly@msn.com

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:19 pm    Post subject: Plastic cable conduit for electrical cabling Reply with quote

Some photo ideas on running conduits.
Hopefully most will turn out.

Photo below is a sidewall 2 ply semi flat conduit.
[img]cid:image009.jpg(at)01D71774.88926660[/img]

This is an idea on transition to the panel. Most of the time I keep the conduit straight but a vent was going in above the conduit.
[img]cid:image010.jpg(at)01D71774.88926660[/img]

It looked OK after upholstery but the upholster didn’t like making the stich work come out as much as a straight one pictured below.
[img]cid:image011.jpg(at)01D71774.88926660[/img]
In the photo below is a mistake I made on my plane. I made the port side conduit from the door ¾ inch high and very rectangular.
This was a problem because it made the panel install and removal quite tight. ½ inch wide and 1/5 inches maximum tall is plenty.
Run you wires loose so it is easier to remove and replace the wires individually.
[img]cid:image012.jpg(at)01D71774.88926660[/img]

The rear side of the door frame is a matter of taste. Some I angle down to the floor and some go straight back.
It depends how you want to run your carpet.
[img]cid:image015.jpg(at)01D71774.88926660[/img]
Happy Building
Bud Yerly

m: Bud Yerly <budyerly(at)msn.com>
Sent: Friday, March 12, 2021 2:59 PM
To: europa-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Re: Europa-List: Plastic cable conduit for electrical cabling

I'm not a fan of many of the round conduits. I've always made a cheap nice fiberglass channel. Glass a thin two ply cover from the sill flange to the wall. It is smooth and good looking. It is normally lighter than plastic tubing also.

I mold a flat piece for under the sill. And prefer a rectangular piece from the forward sill to the panel. The hollow channel forms a wire channel and a stiffer sidewall, which prevents flexing of the fuselage joint making owners nervous about the structure.

I'm in the shop fixing some damaged paint so I'll email some photos tonight.
Best Regards,
Bud Yerly
Get Outlook for Android

From: owner-europa-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-europa-list-server(at)matronics.com) <owner-europa-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-europa-list-server(at)matronics.com)> on behalf of timward <ward.t(at)xtra.co.nz (ward.t(at)xtra.co.nz)>
Sent: Friday, March 12, 2021 2:28:46 PM
To: Europa Builders Web <europa-list(at)matronics.com (europa-list(at)matronics.com)>
Subject: Europa-List: Plastic cable conduit for electrical cabling

Hi Allan,

See,

Cheers,

Tim

--> Europa-List message posted by: "skanderup" <allan_skanderup(at)hotmail.com (allan_skanderup(at)hotmail.com)>

Hi,

I have pulled all my cables from my instrument board, port outboard, under the door ledge and aft.

I would like some inspiration from you! Do you have any good ideas/photos of how you secured your cables before fitting the interior fabrics?

I look forward to see/hear your creative solutions.

Best regards,
Allan
Sent from my iPad
Tim Ward

12 Waiwetu Street,

Fendalton,

Christchurch, 8052

New Zealand.

ward.t(at)xtra.co.nz (ward.t(at)xtra.co.nz)

021 0640221

image009.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  55.26 KB
 Viewed:  1313 Time(s)

image009.jpg

image010.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  49.48 KB

image010.jpg

image011.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  39.05 KB

image011.jpg

image012.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  47.73 KB

image012.jpg

image015.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  37.05 KB

image015.jpg

freddythek10(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:22 pm    Post subject: Plastic cable conduit for electrical cabling Reply with quote

In addition to concealing wires heading aft, I wanted to stiffen the door sill; I used a quarter round section cut from plastic pipe as a mold using 3 layers of BID…fore and aft of the sill, I used a half round pipe as a mold using layers of BID…as a transition, I carved and sanded a piece of foam as a mold, overlade w/ 2 layers of BID as a transition which I secure w/ a few dabs of silicone.
I did use piece of very lightweight, flexible 3/4” irrigation pipe to conceal wires leading to an overhead console; pipe was wrapped with 3 layers of BID to stiffen the “roll bar”, fwiw…all in all, tidy enough.

pixs below.
Fred
A194

[img]cid:94E6F4AE-7E37-455D-9475-3F400C7F295D[/img]
[img]cid:023E8144-BD4B-4254-8109-CBB127AB4373[/img]

[img]cid:9942E1D5-5DB0-4C8B-AA73-8145DB46C137[/img]

[img]cid:635D4D46-A3AE-439A-AD8C-508B249A0048[/img]

DSCN3225.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  110.21 KB
 Viewed:  1292 Time(s)

DSCN3225.jpeg

DSCN3255.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  95.85 KB

DSCN3255.jpeg

DSCN7397.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  83.77 KB

DSCN7397.jpeg

DSCN7398.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  127.48 KB

DSCN7398.jpeg

DuaneFamly(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:27 am    Post subject: Plastic cable conduit for electrical cabling Reply with quote

Nicely done. Stiffening the sill is a very good thing.

Sent from my iPhone

Quote:
On Mar 13, 2021, at 9:23 PM, Fred Klein <freddythek10(at)gmail.com> wrote:

In addition to concealing wires heading aft, I wanted to stiffen the door sill; I used a quarter round section cut from plastic pipe as a mold using 3 layers of BID…fore and aft of the sill, I used a half round pipe as a mold using layers of BID…as a transition, I carved and sanded a piece of foam as a mold, overlade w/ 2 layers of BID as a transition which I secure w/ a few dabs of silicone.

I did use piece of very lightweight, flexible 3/4” irrigation pipe to conceal wires leading to an overhead console; pipe was wrapped with 3 layers of BID to stiffen the “roll bar”, fwiw…all in all, tidy enough.

pixs below.

Fred
A194

<DSCN3225.jpeg>

<DSCN3255.jpeg>

<DSCN7397.jpeg>

<DSCN7398.jpeg>

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: