Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trailer for Original Firestar

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smedley

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:58 am    Post subject: Trailer for Original Firestar Reply with quote

Hi All,
I've been piecing my Firestar back together. I'm going to need a trailer to haul around. Does anyone know of anything in the southeast Pennsylvania area ?And a flash from the past. Will a little rotax engine run with 80LL in it?
Thanks,

Ed

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
stuart(at)harnerfarm.net

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:07 pm    Post subject: Trailer for Original Firestar Reply with quote

Hi Ed,

I can’t help you with the trailer but here is what my manual says about fuel for the 447, 503 and 582 engines. Based on this I would say no to the 80LL but 100LL is OK.

[img]cid:image001.png(at)01D711D6.B97BC990[/img]

From: owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Edward Bonsell
Sent: Friday, March 05, 2021 1:58 PM
To: kolb-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Trailer for Original Firestar

Hi All,

I've been piecing my Firestar back together. I'm going to need a trailer to haul around. Does anyone know of anything in the southeast Pennsylvania area ?
And a flash from the past. Will a little rotax engine run with 80LL in it?

Thanks,

Ed

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

image001.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  71.75 KB
 Viewed:  3439 Time(s)

image001.png

tkrolfe(at)toast.net

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:58 pm    Post subject: Trailer for Original Firestar Reply with quote

Ed,
Where in southeast PA are you?  I my fly a FireFly out of my air strip in southern Lancaster, Hideaway Air Park, 14PS.  I can"t help you with a trailer, but have several friends that fly Ultralights here and in Lebanon County that might know of one.  I don't know about 80LL, but I fly all the time on 87 regular fuel.  Not an issue.
Terry - FireFly

On 3/5/2021 2:58 PM, Edward Bonsell wrote:

Quote:

Hi All,
I've been piecing my Firestar back together. I'm going to need a trailer to haul around. Does anyone know of anything in the southeast Pennsylvania area ? And a flash from the past. Will a little rotax engine run with 80LL in it?

Thanks,

Ed County

smedley

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:08 pm    Post subject: Trailer for Original Firestar Reply with quote

I'm in Northern Montgomery Country. I figured I better start looking around for a trailer it's getting warmer. This plane has already flown so most of the pieces are here. I had tygon fuel line and a primer bulb. Are things different now? Is a facet pump better? Then I need a battery.?
The answer to the Original question about 80LL gas is, Don't try it, it won't run. Did they get rid of that?
Ed

On Fri, Mar 5, 2021 at 7:44 PM Terry Frantz <tkrolfe(at)toast.net (tkrolfe(at)toast.net)> wrote:

Quote:

Ed,
Where in southeast PA are you?  I my fly a FireFly out of my air strip in southern Lancaster, Hideaway Air Park, 14PS.  I can"t help you with a trailer, but have several friends that fly Ultralights here and in Lebanon County that might know of one.  I don't know about 80LL, but I fly all the time on 87 regular fuel.  Not an issue.
Terry - FireFly

Quote:

Hi All,
I've been piecing my Firestar back together. I'm going to need a trailer to haul around. Does anyone know of anything in the southeast Pennsylvania area ? And a flash from the past. Will a little rotax engine run with 80LL in it?

Thanks,

Ed County

williamtsullivan(at)att.n

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:23 pm    Post subject: Trailer for Original Firestar Reply with quote

Ed- I had an Original Firestar. I found an old boat trailer, and put a longer tongue on it. Then 2"x12"tracks for the wheels (plane loaded backwards), 2"x4" screwed to the tongue, with 1"x"4 side guide strips for the tail wheel. A ramp kit from Walmart, ramps were carried in my pickup. The boat winch would gently and slowly pull the plane on board. Then I would fold the wings and tail. Tarps, foam padding, and inexpensive strap kits finished it off.
I was testing the engine while the plane was strapped to the trailer, and discovered that the 447 had enough power to push the trailer backwards across soft grass! I shut it down in a hurry. The trailer went with the plane. I had run out of money.

Bill Sullivan
Tarboro, NC

On Friday, March 5, 2021, 08:08:33 PM EST, Edward Bonsell <smedley945(at)gmail.com> wrote:

I'm in Northern Montgomery Country. I figured I better start looking around for a trailer it's getting warmer. This plane has already flown so most of the pieces are here. I had tygon fuel line and a primer bulb. Are things different now? Is a facet pump better? Then I need a battery.?The answer to the Original question about 80LL gas is, Don't try it, it won't run. Did they get rid of that?
Ed

On Fri, Mar 5, 2021 at 7:44 PM Terry Frantz <tkrolfe(at)toast.net (tkrolfe(at)toast.net)> wrote:
Quote:

Ed,
Where in southeast PA are you? I my fly a FireFly out of my air strip in southern Lancaster, Hideaway Air Park, 14PS. I can"t help you with a trailer, but have several friends that fly Ultralights here and in Lebanon County that might know of one. I don't know about 80LL, but I fly all the time on 87 regular fuel. Not an issue.
Terry - FireFly
Quote:

Hi All, I've been piecing my Firestar back together. I'm going to need a trailer to haul around. Does anyone know of anything in the southeast Pennsylvania area ? And a flash from the past. Will a little rotax engine run with 80LL in it?

Thanks,

Ed County

russk50(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:39 pm    Post subject: Trailer for Original Firestar Reply with quote

Ed - I assume you want an open trailer. I have one available, set up for an Xtra, with
alum wing-cradles and in good shape. In MAINE, but good roads to PA anyway
Contact me if interested.
Fair winds,
Russ Kinne

Quote:
On Mar 5, 2021, at 2:58 PM, Edward Bonsell <smedley945(at)gmail.com> wrote:

Hi All,

I've been piecing my Firestar back together. I'm going to need a trailer to haul around. Does anyone know of anything in the southeast Pennsylvania area ?
And a flash from the past. Will a little rotax engine run with 80LL in it?

Thanks,

Ed

chic

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Trailer for Original Firestar Reply with quote

Check out this site http://oh2fly.net/trailer_kirby_001.htm

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: